Brewer Fanatic

Tampa Bay will win 88 games this season

splitterpfj

The list I have is getting a bit dated, it's 2004, but as far as TV households go...

Tampa/ St Pete, #12 nationally, 1,710,400 households

Houston, #10 nationally, 1,938,670 households

Ha! I can't believe my guess was that close. Thanks splitter. Tampa certainly has nowhere to go but up, even after their success this season.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay was 65-92 a year ago from today.

Tampa Bay is 96-62 today.

Thats an improvement of a whopping 41 games. If they win every game from here out they will be 100-62 and could have the best record in the league depending what the Cubs and Angels do.

Simply amazing and I hope its not a fluke.

It's really hard to say. The Rays' offense, unlike the past few years, wasn't that great. And it was heavily dependent on Pena and Floyd. Even there Floyd wasn't that good. Longoria for a full season will help and everyone's favorite future superstar (for the past 6 years) Crawford likely isn't as bad as he was this year but they need some help. Getting a Dunn or Giambi would help them a lot.

And don't look now, but everyone's favorite "Milwauke should have signed him instead!" closer, Troy Percival has been incredibly bad in teh second half

While I would like to root for Tampa. The fact that they rank 26th in attendance makes it kind of difficult. I don't buy the "year lag" theory either. They have been good all year. I think the fans should have caught on by late June or July that something special was going on there. I have the same issue with the Twins.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

While I would like to root for Tampa. The fact that they rank 26th in attendance makes it kind of difficult. I don't buy the "year lag" theory either. They have been good all year. I think the fans should have caught on by late June or July that something special was going on there. I have the same issue with the Twins.
Agreed. The Twins I can partly understand, because they seem to contend every year without winning anything big, but the Rays should have had much more support from the fans earlier in the season. I guess their crappy stadium location and crummy building probably have a bit to do with it. At least they're not the Marlins who had a decent team this year as well, and couldn't even get 1000 fans to one game.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Twins I can partly understand, because they seem to contend every year without winning anything big
Yeah, but the Brewers have outdrawn the Twins every year for the last 6 or 7 years (except for 2003..I think). Some of these years the Brewers lost close to 100 games while the Twins won their division.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived