Brewer Fanatic

Kohl already looking to replace Harris; Harris fired; Latest--John Hammond hired

patrickgpe
I still believe that trading Redd would be best for the team. I know Redd's contract isn't that great to trade away but maybe the Cav's will take on his salary and we could pick up Zydrunas Ilgauskas and another player for Redd. This would allow us to move Bogut to PF which he would be a better option as and move Yi to SF which he would make him even better.

Bogut and Yi are too slow to play PF and SF respectively.

Not really maybe Yi would be to slow but Bogut would be fine at PF. The only player I see worth while going after assuming the Bucks don't get a SF type of a player in the draft would be Shawn Marion and we would have to over pay for him to come to the Bucks. Plus I don't think Marion will be a good player if he doesn't have someone like Nash passing him the ball all the time. Williams is no Nash in passing he is more like an extra SG.

Hopefully the Bucks get a top 3 pick and they will be able to land Beasley.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really maybe Yi would be to slow but Bogut would be fine at PF. The only player I see worth while going after assuming the Bucks don't get a SF type of a player in the draft would be Shawn Marion and we would have to over pay for him to come to the Bucks. Plus I don't think Marion will be a good player if he doesn't have someone like Nash passing him the ball all the time. Williams is no Nash in passing he is more like an extra SG.

Hopefully the Bucks get a top 3 pick and they will be able to land Beasley.

Yi does not have the lateral quickness to defend SF's and Bogut doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend PF's. Especially the ones that can step out and shoot jumpers, they'll be able to drive on him. Bogut is a C.

And if you want Beasley you're going to need a top 2 pick, possibly #1. He sure as hell isn't lasting until #3 though.

So what if he text'd some players more than he should

because its against the NCAA rules that you can't do that, so thats a pretty good reason why he shouldn't have done it.

Sure, but it really has no bearing on his ability to coach in the NBA. You can text all day there. In fact, he could be texting Kobe during the games to see if he'll be willing to come over in a trade.

And if you want Beasley you're going to need a top 2 pick, possibly #1. He sure as hell isn't lasting until #3 though.

Depends who is picking ahead of us. I think we could get Beasley if we get a top 3 pick. If not I don't see why we can't trade down and then take D.J. Augustin later in the first and then draft Brian Butch in the second round for some bench help.

I believe Butch could be a Kukoc type of a player. I don't think he will be as good as of a defender as Kukoc was but he could definitely be an offensive threat like Kukoc.

Does anyone think that the Kelvin Sampson rumor might be a pointer that the Bucks are looking at Gordon? I'm not sure this would be a wise move I don't think Gordon is a good PG/SG. He wouldn't be an upgrade over Williams or Redd. We would be getting basically the same player.

What about Mayo? If the Bucks were to draft in the 4-6th spot in the draft would they take Mayo? Does anyone remember what round in the playoffs they do the draft lottery?

Depends who is picking ahead of us. I think we could get Beasley if we get a top 3 pick. If not I don't see why we can't trade down and then take D.J. Augustin later in the first and then draft Brian Butch in the second round for some bench help.

The only chance we get either Beasley or Rose is if we get a top 2 pick. Neither of those players is lasting past the 2nd pick. Butch will not be drafted either.

the one thing that is apparent is signing skiles fast was smart. I think Carlisle will be highly sought out by Pheonix and Dallas and Skiles would of been to as both are looking for a more defensive orientated coach. There are way more jobs now than i thought would be open. i think the added of Sampson is a positive thing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Recruiting violations and morality aside, Sampson is a good coach and tends to get a lot out of his players. I think he'll be good in the pros.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived