Brewer Fanatic

Kohl already looking to replace Harris; Harris fired; Latest--John Hammond hired

patrickgpe
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't that be in blue?

You tell me. When was the last time Mo was playing and the team gave up 151 points? When was the last time Mo allowed Chris Duhon to score 22 points on 8-9 shooting with 15 assists and 0 turnovers? Because that's what happened with Sessions tonight.

You tell me. When was the last time Mo was playing and the team gave up 151 points? When was the last time Mo allowed Chris Duhon to score 22 points on 8-9 shooting with 15 assists and 0 turnovers? Because that's what happened with Sessions tonight.

I was at the game tonight, right behind the court, actually. Most of the time that Duhon scored, Ivey was on him. Sessions doesn't play NEAR as bad as D as Mo Williams. And can, you know, actually find cutters to the basket for beautiful passes. Mo, on the other hand, has mastered the art of dribbling in a circle and firing up a desperation 3 with the shot clock running down.

I was at the game tonight, right behind the court, actually. Most of the time that Duhon scored, Ivey was on him. Sessions doesn't play NEAR as bad as D as Mo Williams. And can, you know, actually find cutters to the basket for beautiful passes. Mo, on the other hand, has mastered the art of dribbling in a circle and firing up a desperation 3 with the shot clock running down.

I'm not talking about his offense. It was great so I don't know why you brought it up. But a recurring theme with the Milwaukee Bucks is they have a bunch of guys who can play offense but can't play defense. Sessions fits right into that group right now. If the rumors are true that we're negotiating with Rick Carlisle to become the head coach maybe he could get Sessions to improve his defense. Right now though, I have no idea why you're trying to deny his atrocious defense.

But a recurring theme with the Milwaukee Bucks is they have a bunch of guys who can play offense but can't play defense. Sessions fits right into that group. I don't know why you would try to deny it.

I agree it's a recurring theme, but I disagree about Sessions. See my previous post: Most of Duhon's points were when Ivey was on him. Royal Ivey is an absolute waste of space on that roster. Why Larry K played him so much tonight made me at a loss.

If you really want to know who killed us tonight, the fingers can be squarely pointed at Michael "I'll keep chuckin' til I get 20" Redd and Charlie "I Got 18 by chuckin' in the first quarter; I'll keep chuckin' even though I'm ice cold" Villanueva. Neither can play defense. Neither WANTS to play defense. Villanueva let Deng torch him for 32 tonight and we all know how Redd cannot stop a defender to save his life.

I agree it's a recurring theme, but I disagree about Sessions. See my previous post: Most of Duhon's points were when Ivey was on him. Royal Ivey is an absolute waste of space on that roster. Why Larry K played him so much tonight made me at a loss.

You're absolutely incorrect. Sessions played over 44 minutes. He was on the court most of the game. He needs to get so blame for giving up 151 points to a horrid Bulls offense.

Whether Sessions played D or not tonight is not for me to say (I didn't watch the game), but it's nice to see a PG dish out 24 assists against only 2 turnovers.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

You're absolutely incorrect. Sessions played over 44 minutes. He was on the court most of the game. He needs to get so blame for giving up 151 points to a horrid Bulls offense.

The entire team deserves to get some of the blame for giving up 151 points. Just because he's on the court, though, doesn't mean he was guarding Duhon, who DID score most of his points during junk time.

Nobody was trying to play defense. It was basically an allstar game so I don't think you can blame him alone for giving up 151 points. That was a team effort. 20/8/24 is impressive none the less. I'm confident he can be a good defender(which he has shown the ability) under a non-moron coach on a non-tanking team. Not so much Mo though. He'll still be the shoot first no defense playing PG. Ramon didn't leave Tyrus Thomas, Noah, Deng, some fat white guy, ect. wide open under the basket all game.

Did anyone play D last night? You cant really blame any person and especially Sessions for the horrid defense. Sessions could be working his butt off on the defensive end and still look awful because the other 4 guys aren't helping him out

some fat white guy,

Woo-hoo, I'm in the NBA!

Seriously, though Sessions is turning out to be a nice player. I'm glad he's at least getting a chance to show what he can do offensively.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

coaches out of work like carlisle or brown.

This thought excites me and scares me at the same time. I'll explain. It excites me because the last time Herb committed to good GM work and good coaching, the Bucks made it into the playoffs quite consistently. The scary part is after the good GM work and coaching, we've had the last 8 years of basketball. I'm hoping Herb sticks with Hammond, gives him the tools and Hammond picks a solid coach and lets him do his thing.

i'm guessing he is gone by thursday or friday so hammond can start interviewing coaches out of work like carlisle or brown.

Rumor is Hammond is already negotiating a contract with Rick Carlisle.

The entire team deserves to get some of the blame for giving up 151 points. Just because he's on the court, though, doesn't mean he was guarding Duhon, who DID score most of his points during junk time.

During junk time?

That whole game was junk time. Yesterday was the first Bucks game i've watched in awhile and i found it hilarious entertainment. It almost felt like i was watching one of those AND1 streetball games minus the flashy dunks. Entering the 4th quarter, the Bulls were shooting an astounding 72% and i'm not talking about from the free throw line, it was comical. I was almost waiting for Medowlark Lemon and Curly Neal of the Globetrotters to burst on the court and start pulling down the shorts of players on the court and throw paper in the crowd. A random rec league game at the YMCA would have had more defense, pride, and intensity than that joke of an NBA game last night with two teams that absolutely had quit on their coaches and played with zero pride except for a few hungry young players.

Glad i tuned in though to watch that debacle, it was pretty funny

scott skiles has entered the talk of the new coach. I think carlisle, brown, van gundy, or skiles would all be good choices. there teams play the style of ball i enjoy watching. we must keep in mind that it if it is one of these 4 its going to end ugly because players tend to wear thin on their coaching style just like what happened for Karl. compared to dealing with porter, stots, or coach k, i'll take that though.

What NBA coach doesn't eventually wear on his players, though?

Greg Poppovich? I'm sure he could though at some point as well. The key is finding one that doesn't wear too quickly. George Karl's over under is about 3 years I think.

At least the hiring of Hammond makes the Bucks relatively relevant and exciting again. I was beginning to forget about them.

Sure, I suppose there are a few. Jerry Sloan has been at Utah forever. I'm not concerned with a coach wearing on the Bucks players. If he has enough success to stick around long enough to wear on them it's an upgrade.

well coach k was fired,

and there are atleast reports that the bucks are close to hiring skiles.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/04/16/2008-04-16_scott_skiles_has_hire_calling.html

Ill agree that usually coaches can wear on people, but popovich and sloan are the classic examples of great longivity. It would appear coaches who preach tough defense and are hard on the players are usually shut out by the players after a few seasons. at this point we need someone like that, so carlisle or skiles would be great choices.

Did anyone see the JS story this morning?

Grading the Bucks

There are some very interesting tidbits.

Not that there was no communication at all. For example, when Denver visited the Bradley Center on Feb. 23 and the Nuggets were killing the Bucks on fast-break points in building a 23-point lead in the first half, Bogut barked at Redd during a timeout to quit jacking up quick shots and get back on defense. The Bucks went on to stage one of the more impressive come-from-behind victories of the year.

-------

That was never more obvious than after a home loss to New Orleans on Feb. 13, when Redd fired up a quick and ill-advised three-point shot in the closing seconds when a two-point basket would have tied the game. Afterward, Redd laid the defeat at Krystkowiak's feet, saying the Bucks had been going for the victory and he was only following the game plan by taking a three-pointer. It would later come to light that that was not necessarily the plan.

Also, Krystkowiak has subsequently followed up with some choice words.

"I think there was a different mindset in practice than there was in a game," said Krystkowiak. "It was like two different types of teams so we could never address sharing and moving the basketball because we did a decent job of it in practice. It was in games where it didn't happen… things became very focused on scoring points and that's Mike. A lot of times in practice he would defer and wouldn't be as scoring-minded. So I don't know how you're supposed to get better as a team when you could never simulate your play (from practice into games). Practice was different than games."

Now, I think Redd is a solid player, but this stuff is pretty damning. It's become pretty clear that he is negatively affecting the team, which isn't what you want from a player that you give a max contract to.

Archived