Brewer Fanatic

Any good online/multi-player games for the Wii?

cweber39

If you want online fun you should probably by an xbox 360. Best online strategy out there. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Yeah that's not really helpful at all. I already have a PS3 and a Wii. I am looking for a game I can play with a buddy of mine since he and his wife also have Wii.

I only know of 3 online games for the Wii:

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (which I'd wholeheartedly recommend)

-Super Mario Strikers

-Pokemon Battle Revolution (I could try to preach the virtues of Pokemon as a surprisingly-deep turn based strategy game, but if you're not already both playing the franchise on the DS....I doubt this one will appeal to you.)

I don't think the EA sports games have online multiplayer (yet); someone feel free to add any other online Wii games.

Edit: I should probably mention that Mario Kart Wii is coming out next month (but also uses the same canned phrases / no voice chat system that Brawl does)

If I might interject, we are looking at getting a Wii. I've got two questions, one what is the best way to get a console in the next 5-6 weeks. I've looked at a couple of tracker sites, but based on the logs it looks like a lot of the retailers sell out quickly (minutes). I'm not interested in buying used, and or inflated prices. I don't mind some of the more modest bundles ,but I don't see the point in getting 6 games only one of which might actually get played. Do most in store retailers still have like a waiting list you can pre order through?

Second question what extra hardware do I really need? The most appealing games to my family would be Mario kart, Wii sports, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda, and then a lot of the old Sega and Nintendo games. I think that means that we need 2 new controllers, and then 2 classic controllers. are there are things that wewould need beyond the extra controllers?

On Ebay, they often go for a very fair amount on weekends.

Wal Mart gtes theirs on Tuesday mornings, i think. Ask people who work there. Checxk the Sunday ads, stoeres will hold them back if they are advertised. Shopko and Game Stop are both "the road less traveled" from what I hear.

I would highly recommend getting rechargeable batteries. The Wiimotes burn through batteries. I would also recommend the component cables if you have a TV that shows 480p. That one is less necessary though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived