Brewer Fanatic

Anyone use Google Reader?

Katuluu

Just been trying out and I'm still not sure what I think of it so far. Anyone else use this and any opinions on how worthwhile it is to use?

I use it quite often, and it makes life a lot easier for me. I'm able to quickly go through items, tagging ones I want to read later. There's also a nice plugin for firefox which tells me how many items I haven't read yet.

Any idea how much bandwidth the Google Reader Firefox extension takes up? The reason I ask is that I have dial-up at home. I used to use Firefox's live bookmarks extensively, but it got to the point that it tied up Firefox for four or five minutes every time I started up the browser.

I think the best solution for me would be a standalone reader that I could turn off when I'm not using it. I've looked at a couple, but I haven't liked what they offer. I'm thinking I might give Apple Mail a whirl when I get around to upgrading to Leopard. Since I would rarely be using it for e-mail, I could keep it shut down when I didn't want it crawling around doing its thing.

Another thing out of curiosity... is anyone using RSS to keep track of the Brewerfan/LambeauLeap Yuku boards?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived