Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Moniker ("Name") Contest - Wheeler Edged Out, Crabbe Still In

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Similar to last year's, only now with bracket-style rankings:

Vote for Zelous Wheeler, a # 9 seed, beginning Wednesday, we'll provide the link when available

No. 8 Zechry Zinicola vs. No. 9 Zelous Wheeler -- It's the battle of the Killer Z's! Zinicola, a highly regarded Nationals pitching prospect, was defeated by Noochie Varner in the first round of the 2007 tournament. Wheeler, a 21-year-old Brewers farmhand, is making his first appearance. Which Z will prevail? This is one matchup that's destined to remain competitive until the very end.

Callix Crabbe is a # 6 seed, Noochie Varner a # 9 seed.

If you click on the initial bracket link, you can get previews of all the matchups.

Al Albequerque is losing to Baron Frost? That's almost as absurd as their seedings, which imo should have been reversed (Al is a #1, Baron a #16).

Also, the fact that there isn't a 'submit all' voting button is exasperatingly lame. You have to go click each of the 32 'submit' buttons. Weak.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I noticed it was recording votes incorrectly. For roughly half of them, I was told I'd voted for the guy I didn't. Well done, milb.com.

I know it's just a goofy contest anyway, but don't run it if you can't do it correctly. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived