Brewer Fanatic

Sports Illustrated 2008 Baseball Preview Issue

I would venture a guess that it comes out today. They're usually pretty good with their Preview issues, giving enough time to read it before the season actually starts...so I'm surprised it hasn't come out already. They took pictures last week for it at some point, as Ned was talking about it, so my guess is it arrives in the mail today, hits the stand in the next couple of days. At the very latest, next week Wednesday, but I'd be surprised by that one.

I can't tell what Ellsbury (I'm assuming that's him) is doing but Braun looks very clean cut and everything while the others have this "punk" vibe to them and their facial expressions. maybe it's just me, but first impressions aren't that good for the other players.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I can't tell what Ellsbury (I'm assuming that's him) is doing but Braun looks very clean cut and everything while the others have this

"punk" vibe to them and their facial expressions. maybe it's just me, but first impressions aren't that good for the other players.

I'm going to guess that SI took more than one picture and this was the one they liked.

Not sure about when it hits newsstands.

I got it as well. The article is on the '05 draft, but it entirely focuses on Tulowitzki. Braun got about a page in a section that went through all the stars that came from the draft.

But just when I think that a national media source is going to buck the trend and focus on a few good smaller-market guys, I find a big article on the draft battle between the Yankees and Red Sox. Oh well, at least our guy is on the cover.

And, as we already know, they picked the Reds to finish second to the Cubs. *sigh*.

As usual, SI really went out on a limb with their playoff predictions. 6/8 of the teams they picked made it last year. Seems like every sport they preview they just pick the same teams that made it the year before. Maybe that's just me.....

Archived