Brewer Fanatic

Checking in from spring training... in Wisconsin now

I know I wrote a while back I would check in during my time in maryvale but unfortunately the computer went down before I left, so better late than never right. Had a great time and met some great people along the way. Was kind of dissapointed that during my whole time I only saw about 6 brewer homers (8 games) but the 8th inning the crew had in tucson against the d backs was awesome. Monster shot by jumpin joe dillon with 2 outs. Pretty fun stuff. Even though the crew is obviously getting more popular almost all the players were great. LaPorta was a little arrogant and even though braun is carrying himself like mr hollywood he is really good with the fans. You guys are going to love Cameron in centerfield. Maybe not his strikeout total but he covers so much ground out in center and is real charismatic off the field. Looks as if he still really enjoys playing the game. Additionally the people wearing crew gear at away games was outstanding, much better away crowds than last year. Got tons of autographs, pretty much everyone but Jason Kendall but he shouldnt have been too hard to get if I would have tried harder. Even though I realize its just spring, Suppan is the same old inning eater as last year. I didnt expect him to change and he sure didnt. Got roughed up pretty hard in 2 starts. I havent been able to read much on the boards lately but I would be really dissapointed if Parra, Vargas and Villanueva dont make the opening day squad (with Gallardo on the dl). I got to talk to Melvin a couple days and brought up the pitching situation. He basically said that at the end of the day these guys will decide their own fate. Other random thoughts... LaPortas got some serious power, Escobar is going to be a real nice shortstop in the majors, billy hall isnt as smooth as you want him to be at third yet, and as you all know ricKKKKKy weeKKKKKKs is looking real real bad at the plate. Out trip ended up on Saturday when we waited to try and get a picture with Ueck (waited an hour and nothing) and sat and talked with Gantner for 10 minutes as he waited for his wife to pick him up. Fun guy. If any of you have never made it out to Scaryvale start saving for next year because it is definetely baseball heaven. If anyone has any questions shoot em over. Picture links and hopefully a video of Gallardo throwing off the mound the other day to follow.

Archived