Brewer Fanatic

Capuano DL'd : Torn ligament in left elbow (reply #88); no surgery FOR NOW-try 3-4 weeks of rehab (reply #161); Tommy John surgery Thurs., May 16th (reply #192)

Blindcheck
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Capuano is going to be out for the year.

If he has surgery, he is out for the year.

If he waits six weeks, he probably won't be any better and still require surgery. In that case, he is out for a year + six weeks.

Might as well see how it feels in six weeks - but I would put the odds around 2%.

Last I heard before my vacation he was just faking it and "an inside source" said the team told him to do it. Maybe this is all part of the plot~.

In the 3+ years since joining this message board, this is officially the most idiotic post I have read.

I thought that should have been in blue text then.

Well I guess, but c'mon. The quotes around "inside source" should have been pretty clear. Also, it's Ender...I may not agree with him sometimes, but he doesn't really come out of left field with nonsense like that.

I thought that should have been in blue text then.

Yes it should be, but I don't know how to do blue text in yuku and I wasn't actaully kidding. People were actually saying exactly what I posted. I don't believe it but others did, when Capuano walked off the mound there were a lot of people saying he was faking the injury because he was pitching poorly and the post I linked above insinuated that an inside source told him the team wanted to stash him on the DL. Which I agree was the dumbest thing I had seen in a while.

I was the one who posted about the injury not being "real." I heard that from someone whom I consider pretty reliable. However, I heard this when he was initially hurt, before any exam by Raasch or Andrews. I never claimed anyone was trying to imagine up Tommy John surgery.

Personally, I think there some type of injury, but I don't think he needs TJ.

In the 3+ years since joining this message board, this is officially the most idiotic post I have read.

If you've been reading this board for 3+ years, you should be familiar enough with the rules to realize that condescension like that isn't allowed around here.

Secondarily, before you even mentioned blue, the member whose post you dumped on had already stated that he didn't know how to "do" blue. He shouldn't have needed to mention it twice.

Besides that, blue isn't a requirement. The rules refer to it as a "potentially useful suggestion." That's as it should be. Some people don't know how to create blue text. More importantly, color shouldn't be relied upon to convey meaning on the web: some viewers can't see colors.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah it is too bad about Capuano. He was decent in 2004 before those two games he pitched against the Cubs while hurt. In 2005 he was ok but very lucky, he got 18 wins but his peripherals were not all that strong. in 2006 he looked like he was turning the corner by cutting down the walks and then the disaster that was 2007 and now this. I hope things turn out ok for him.

I wouldn't say that. He could easily get a Minor league deal next year and pitch in AAA once his recovery is complete in July. He'll get a minor league deal from someone, that's for sure.

The odds of the Brewers signing him to a minor league deal are no better than 30-1. His agent is going to find the best situation for him to resurrect his career. Usually that means a team like the Brewers of 2002 and 2003, not a team that sees itself as a contender.

Archived