Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Games: when do gates open?

brewcrewfan08

I added to your thread title to clarify your question. Hopefully, that'll help you get a prompt answer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Just got back from AZ this morning. At Maryvale on Saturday the gates opened 2 hrs before the 1:00 start. I'm not sure if weekday games are also 2 hours or not. I attended the Brewer games in Peoria on Friday night and Sunday and those gates didn't open until 1 1/2 hrs before the game.

On Saturday we got there about 10:15 and watched Prince, Rickie, and Tony Gwynn work in the batting cages. The cages are very accessible to the fans and we were probably 10 feet from the players.

The offcial time of gates opening is 11:30am for 1pm (local AZ time), however sometimes they do indeed open a bit earler depending on the crowd waiting outside! This is because of the number of walk up sales as the ticket office is right next to the main gate and it can get crowded!

The main field gates open at 11:30, but you can pretty much go whenever you want if you would like to watch the workouts (mostly minor leaguers) on the auxiliary diamonds

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived