Brewer Fanatic

Talk about getting robbed...

Brian the Automator

They guy making that catch is my friend from New London, I play softball from time to time with him. He hits 450ft bombs, and no, I'm not joking. If anyone has seen softball 360 on fsn, he hits the ball like those guys but can obviously field much better.

He also used to play on a traveling softball team all around the USA where they get sponsored bats, gloves and such. The ball they use is as hard as a baseball and the bats are unreal. I tried out for the team and was amazed how far these guys hit the ball. We tried out on a baseball diamond, where the fence was 400ft. There is a score board 5 ft behind the fence and about 15ft high. These guys were clearing that score board and hitting them an extra 50ft beyond that. The pitching style is chuck and duck. Pitch the ball and hope to god they don't hit one right back at you.

Jason, did you play softball at Whitewater at all? Some guys on my team hit those balls 1 hop off the road into the track area. Teams are usually playing in the ditch by the road at around the 3rd time through the order.

That's the best man in my wedding making the call. He's getting his moment of internet fame now. I am now internet famous by association!

Cool. Next time you see him you can ask him what on earth is an "Oscar-worthy" catch..

Archived