Brewer Fanatic

Rich Hill hurt

The Cubs seem to think its pretty minor. So he will try & pitch threw it:) In the long-term these tend to not affect a pitcher much. But if your not carefull they can cause a 2 month stint on the DL. Beckett & Al Lieter where constantly on the DL in florida with reoccuring blisters.

How long is he going to be out?
I don't know; ask Ben Sheets.

I guess this sort of stuff does emphasize why it's important to have SP depth, even if that depth happens to be as "wonderful" as Capuano/Bush/Vargas.

Would trading Varges to Chicago really HURT US? or would it help us. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

given our RH-dominant lineup, let's trade Capuano to the Cubs!

I thought that Dempster is there number 3, With Lieber or Marquis as a number 5.

Partially correct.

Hill is designated #4 because Lou wants to break up Lilly and Hill. #3 & #5 are still to be determined among the 3 you mentioned.

Is there really any point to 'breaking up' LHSP? Honest question. With a rotation of 3 RHSP & 2 LHSP, you could face two LHSP in a 3-game set just as easily as two RHSP, no?

When their styles are basically the same, yes. If you are the Diamondbacks with hard throwing Randy Johnson and a soft tossing guy that almost needs a relay throw to get the ball to the plate like Doug Davis, then the answer is no.

Archived