Brewer Fanatic

Brewers should try to trade for Brandon Inge

This is not a time to trade for prospects. We have a starter to trade, maybe Counsel, or maybe Dillon. Ricky Weeks looks comepletely lost. I'm not saying give up him. However, we need a backup plan.
Brandon Inge is the guy. Don't entirely look at the numbers. Leyland loves him. He's the consumate pro.

He's a guy who refuses to play C, even though that would be his most useful spot. He also makes a lot for a reserve.

No interest unless someone gets injured. DET's been trying to give him away for a couple months, and no one will take him. That's a bad sign.

This is not a time to trade for prospects. We have a starter to trade, maybe Counsel, or maybe Dillon. Ricky Weeks looks comepletely lost. I'm not saying give up him. However, we need a backup plan.

Brandon Inge is the guy. Don't entirely look at the numbers. Leyland loves him. He's the consumate pro.

Well, if not looking at the numbers, what should we look at? He really doesn't do anything for this team.

And he's not a backup plan for Rickie Weeks since he doesn't play second. And even if Weeks looks lost, a "lost" Weeks is likely going to be better for the Brewers than a "found" Brandon Inge given his OBP has been .313 and .312 the last two years.

And it's always a time to trade for prospects if you can get them. Of course you don't trade your key players for prospects, but we've got an excess of starting pitching. Rather than trade for an expensive backup who likely won't do much to improve this team right now, I think prospects are the better way to go.

Ricky Weeks looks comepletely lost. I'm not saying give up him.

Is this just referring to this spring? I don't think we need to worry about "Ricky" Weeks.

2007: .235/.374/.433

There's a whole thread in Major League Forum saying that there's no reason to worry. It's spring training.

First, we have plenty of gritty battler veterans around here for Ned Yost to utilize.

And Jim Leyland loves Brandon Inge, consumate pro?

"Inge, 30, didn't hide his frustration during a telephone interview Monday -- "I'm not happy about it," he said multiple times -- but said he would accept the reduced role.

"I want to play as much as possible," Inge said. "I can't stand sitting on the bench. I don't care if it's third base, first base, catcher, outfield -- if anyone needs a day off, I want to get as many at-bats as I can.

"Detroit is where I've been, and it's where I want to be. I didn't ask for this. I was ecstatic when I signed a four-year contract (after the 2006 season). ... Now I've been forced into a situation that's not very good, but I'm going to try to make the best out of it."

Link to this story

Archived