Brewer Fanatic

Shea Stadium Information

lcbj68c
I'm taking a road trip to NYC and Shea for the April series. I realize there is plenty to do and see in NYC, but any pointers or specifics regarding gameday experience at SHEA itself and the rest of the weekend would be apprciated!

Yeah, I'd probably try to take the train to Shea, especially with CitiField being built right next door. I don't know how that's affecting the parking situation at Shea, but I'd assume it's going to make things a bit tougher than usual.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I was there on Mother's Day last year -- take note of the wind direction -- it was cold. Take the "John Rocker" 7 train, preferably the express, if available. Pre-pay for your return trip before you go into the stadium. Enjoy -- this is the last season in Shea and Yankee stadium!

I will also be at the New York Series. Having lived in NYC for 4 years,I have to agree that taking the train is the best option for going to Shea. Shea itself is not the geatet of stadium and if you have seats on the lower leve down the first or thir base lines you generally are looking straight ahead and have to look around the person next to you in order to see home plate.

Last year I went to every game of the series at Shea and I got heckled every game. The walk back to the subway was always fun, having hundreds of fans chanting at you. Luckily when my metrocard didn't work another Brewers fan swiped me through so I could get onto the subway and save myself the embarrassment of walking all the way back to get a new metrocard

• 3 weeks later...
I'm moving this to the top because I leave next weekend. Didn't Brewerfan.net have a listing once of other fan sites, including the Mets? I figured I'd travel to a darker side and ask some Mets fans about their stadium and tips

Archived