Brewer Fanatic

Autographed baseball for season ticket holders

brewtown82
When i renewed last year for my 2008 season tickets, they said early renewers would receive an autographed baseball by their choice of player. I know i checked the box when i renewed. I got my tickets in the mail, but no baseball and no info about it....Anybody know what happened to this giveaway?

huh? what dinner? I don't remember this. you mean the winter warmup thing? If so, I totally missed the boat. plus, what good is the "free autographed baseball?" They basically billed you for it by charging you a dinner.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I never received any correspondence about the dinner. This stinks. I'm going to call and complain. That is very deceptive. They never said anything about having to buy something else in my ticket renewal. I'm upset

Don't jump the gun so quick, just call and find out when it will be sent. Over my years I've realized the best way to get your way is to be polite as possible, you can even politely "get tough" with anyone and generally win the battle if it's over something you feel is rightly yours. The Brewers are pretty good at clearing things up, I've had a few problems with various small things, and they've always been quick to reply, and often times very helpful in solving my troubles. Good luck to both you guys. I too hope to be a season ticket holder someday, when the money is available for me.

I asked our ticket rep about this when ordering our exhibition game tickets earlier this month. He said that the date of the event* is still being finalized (since it requires coordination with each player, and communication with their agents). His opinion - which I interpreted as not necessarily an official Brewers opinion - was that the event would be either April 7 or April 28, as they are both off days and either in the middle of a homestand or between the end of a homestand and a nearby road series.

The rep said that season ticket holders would receive an invitation via postal mail when the date is set. He also could not say whether the event will be during the day or in the evening. This is a difference of some significance for me, as a weekday event means I'd have to take the day off to travel to Milwaukee. I would be unhappy to discover that something mandatory at work means I can't meet Corey Hart.

*I don't have the season ticket renewal folder on hand right now, but my recollection is that this "player event" for partial season ticket holders was to include meeting one of four young rising stars (Corey, Yovani, Carlos V or Rickie - you had to rank your choices 1-4) and get one autographed baseball per ticket account. (Additional autographed balls available at $50 each.)

Full season ticket holders can meet Prince and get an autographed bat. I don't know what "meeting" actually entails; and I don't know if the full and partial ticket holder events would be held together or separately.

I don't remember a dinner being involved in this event, as it was described in the season ticket renewal folder. I do remember discussion on this forum about a dinner being part of the winter warmup.

Edit: Let me add that it's almost always been my experience that the Brewers are receptive to questions (like the ones I asked about this upcoming event). I can count on one hand the number of times I've been dissatisfied with the response I got from them (over 15+ years), and there has really never been a time when a question of mine went entirely unanswered. Although we've been season ticket customers for a while, it's not like I mention that every time I ask the Brewers anything.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I just received this answer from my Brewers sales rep this morning when I asked him when I would receive the autographed ball or how I go about obtaining the autograph:

"There will be an event here at Miller Park where the designated player

will sign the ball in person. We will be getting more information out

in the coming weeks."

Hopefully we hear more soon.

youd think that for season ticket holders, you could get a team signed ball...it's nice of them to have a guy meet you in person, but they do that at autograph fridays as well, unless you get more than just a minute with the player...we all know season tickets cost a lot, i dunno how hard it would be to ask the guys to sign a team ball, they can probably kick out all the season ticket holders signed balls in 3 hours between the team, and they wouldn't have to do it all in one day...thats me though, and i dont have season tickets. i dont know how many season ticket holders are out there either

i got a call last week about the ball. i thought i was too late for the deal but apparently i wasnt.

in the end, i opted for the club passes since a baseball is not easy to split among 4 people sharing tickets!

side note: the ticket office person informed me that one of my options was "charlie villanueva"

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update for anyone interested. I received a "save the date" postcard today from the Brewers stating that the season ticket holders' autograph session would take place on April 26th from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Miller Park. More details to follow the week of April 14th.

• 3 weeks later...
I got my letter in the mail yesterday. I got Villy, which was disappointing some as I was really hoping for Hart. What will really take the fun out of it though is that Carlos should be scheduled to pitch that day, in which case the letter says, I can just pick up the ball at the event. Blah.

I got my letter in the mail yesterday. I got Villy, which was disappointing some as I was really hoping for Hart. What will really take the fun out of it though is that Carlos should be scheduled to pitch that day, in which case the letter says, I can just pick up the ball at the event. Blah.
I got Villy too. I didn't even notice the part that mentioned what would happen if he was scheduled to pitch that day. That's ridiculous. I can't make that date anyways, so I was skimming the letter to find out what happens in that event. I could have sworn that I signed up to get Gallardo's autograph when I turned in my order form. I realize that it wasn't guaranteed that you would get who you signed up for, but I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years. Many of those were pretty bad years. You think they could at least try to give me the guy I signed up for.

I also am not happy that they have apparently discontinued the "playing catch on the field" event that they use to do every year. Well, at least for 20 game packs they did.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

We won't see our mail until we're back in town on Saturday. Last fall our player rankings were Corey, Carlos, Yo and Rickie, and the posts above give me a feeling I'll be seeing you guys in the CV line as well.

If Carlos does pitch on the 26th, I can kind of, sort of, see why they wouldn't have him tire out his arm (? like the others wouldn't be in the same boat potentially) by signing a bunch of balls that morning. But I'd be much less inclined to make the trip from Madison just to retrieve an already-signed ball. Seriously, if that were the case, I'd ask my rep if we couldn't save on gas by picking it up Friday night, when we'll already be at a game (since the balls will presumably be signed by then).

On the bright side, it appears at least they haven't told people that due to a last minute schedule conflict we'll instead be receiving photos from Craig Counsell, Gabe Gross, Guillermo Mota and Seth McClung with the autograph stamped on. (Nothing particular against those guys; I was just trying to think of less exciting players. Prove me wrong!)

Got my letter in the mail yesterday.

If you cannot make the official signing date, April 26th, you can contact your ticket rep, and pick up your ball at a different time.

The letter also states they determined who we would get, based upon date of payment and number of open spaces remaining for that player.

I signed up for Corey Hart, partially because Hart is also my last name, and that's who I got. But I was paid up well in advance of the cut-off date, due to the carryover from my playoff tickets payment.

Not to rub anything in, but woot woot, I'm in the Corey Hart line. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd think a lot of season ticket holders would have been paid up well in advance, what with the carryover of playoff $. In our case that more than paid for the 2008 renewal of our terrace package. We've been season ticket customers about as long as Patrick425 (except we skipped the 1995 season due to irritation over the strike - so the Brewers count us as starting in 1996, even though we also bought for 1993 and '94).

We did purchase an additional 20 pack this year, and I'm starting to wonder if our increased commitment has raised our value with the Brewers. Overall, I'd guess that our dollar commitment is still on the low end (among all season ticket customers), even though it's a fairly substantial increase for us.

Anyway, I'll take suggestions for what to say to Corey. (Reasonable suggestions.)

Legends of the field has Corey Hart signed balls for $30 bucks right now. All Hart stuff is 25% off right now. His sig is horrible.

it really ticks me off when someone complains about a guy's signature, i really don't understand it, corey is one of the nicest brewers and signs all the time, he will talk about anything, and yet people still complain because his signature is crap...why? does it really matter what someone's autograph looks like, it is their signature, people complain about weeks' too, and i just don't understand it. i don't understand why it matters to any one else what their personal signature looks like, whenever someone complains about someone's signature, i show them my favorite autograph, and then they normally stop talking...here it is...

when the player is nice enough to sign, it really makes me mad when someone complains about their signature, or when someone doesn't want to get a ball signed, because their signature is so bad, give me a break, it is theirs...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/billyhallfan/Autographed%20Cards/scan0042.jpg

for anyone that wants a hart ball, i have one that i got signed last year, and i would be willing to trade it for a villanueva ball, if someone wants to do that...it is in perfect shape, no fading, on the sweet spot, and in blue ink...lmk...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/billyhallfan/Autographed%20Baseballs/100_2565.jpg

Archived