Brewer Fanatic

Rocco Baldelli has rare illness (Merged... Rocco Baldelli is a Jerk... reply #9) / [color=navy][b]Boycott Fox Sports[/b][/color]

bigredrobbo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These diseases are more common than you think. There are a number of diseases that are similar and often come together. MS, Fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome. My mother-in-law has all three and it's tough. I couldn't imagine trying to play baseball with it.

These diseases are more common than you think. There are a number of diseases that are similar and often come together. MS, Fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome. My mother-in-law has all three and it's tough. I couldn't imagine trying to play baseball with it.

Yeah, my wife has been suffering from adrenal insufficiency for the last year and a half. It's pretty much wrecked her ability to stay healthy or do pretty much anything for an extended period of time. It's also really a pain to describe to the countless ER triage people and nurses that we've had to deal with as well. I'm not going to pretend there aren't worse things to go through out there, but it's just seriously bad news, and to people on the outside looking in, she just looks to be lazy.

I hope Rocco the best of luck and hope they find a treatment that gives him a sense of normalcy and stability.

I'm not a doctor but what he has sounds somewhat similar to MS.

That was my first thought. However if they know it's a problem producing ATP it is not MS. I wish Rocco the best of luck fighting this and with the rest of his life. I really hope he gets a chance to play MLB again.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Completely reprehensible. Two days before Hench posted that, Baldelli held a press conference, announcing that he has a career-threatening, and potentially life-threatening illness.

Either Hench is a heartless loser, which Fox Sports should cut ties with immediately, or the editor who sat on this, then posted it anyway, is an idiot who should be held accountable.

Is there humor in this?

Get a life, Hench.

you know that guy you sorta knew in high school, who was half-funny/half-jerk, and the only jokes he ever made came from insulting other people? kinda sounds like this dude.

even without the Baldelli entry, it was just nine other paragraphs insulting people. he tells us Daly's an alcoholic and doesn't add anything to the comment, or that Baldelli gets injured but doesn't add anything to it.

I run into these kinds of people all the time. My wife just had her ACL repaired, and I drop her off at the door of the grocery store. She gets dirty looks. She has to be humiliated by riding a motorized cart around the grocery store, only to get stared at because she's able to stand up and take a step every now and then to grab something off a shelf. Oh, she must just be LAZY.

I know that there are people out there who see things through their own little narrow point of view and never had to deal with any real trauma in their lives, such as an endocrine disorder that manifests itself in bizarre ways, but it doesn't make me any less angry.

Kevin Hench is an absolute disgrace. If I can find a feedback form on Fox Sports, I'm going to gladly tell them that while he's employed, I won't ever read a single page on their site.

I just got done sending this feedback to foxsports.com:

I just read the Kevin Hench article that references Rocco Baldelli's medical problems.

I stopped watching Fox News in the morning because a Penthouse Pet was doing the weather. Now, Kevin Hench chastises Rocco Baldelli for a legitimate and serious medical problem. How did this make it past the editors?

I am no longer visiting this website, or watching Fox Sports on TV. I will also be encouraging the thousands of users at my website, Brewerfan.net, to boycott Fox Sports as well. Unless Hench comes out with a serious and genuine apology, or better yet, is no longer writing for Fox Sports, I will simply have to follow my beloved Milwaukee Brewers on the radio or via other means.

I know that this is probably insignificant to whomever is reading this, but know that medical problems like these affect MANY peoples lives. To treat them with sarcasm only makes the pain that these people are enduring worse.

Brian Kapellusch
President
Brewerfan.net

So, I will encourage you to at the very minimum, boycott foxsports.com and their advertisers. I'm going to do my best to not watch FSN Wisconsin and just stick with Bob and Jim for my broadcasts.

What's wrong with a Penthouse gal doing the weather? I mean, she has to make a living, and can read off a teleprompter just like anyone else.

I guess if I was a parent and my kids were watching the weather with me at 7am and asked "What's a Penthouse Pet", it would be a tad uncomfortable to say that they're women who get naked so that lonely men could satisfy themselves. But then again, I'm old-fashioned that way.

Was she naked delivering the weather?

No, that would have been illegal. The point is, I find it trashy, and I'm sure other people do. If you don't share that opinion, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything, but as a result I haven't watched the Fox News Channel since then (and I had been a heavy watcher to that point, as I enjoyed their morning show).

His latest DL-inducing "injury" is exhaustion. Who does he think he is, Mariah Carey? And what is he exhausted from, the off-season?
I think you may be over reading this article.

It sounds to me like sloppy reporting, not malicious.

I saw a few reports about Baldelli simply listing his DL trip as "exhaustion" - which is certainly curious since, as the writer points out, Baldelli never plays. I bet Hench isn't even aware that Baldelli's "exhaustion" is actually a much more serious illness that could be potentially life threatening and is certainly career threatening.

First of all I don't see why the two major providers of sports continues to try to go out of their way to annoy people and turn people away from their networks, considering there are so many options for us to get our sports info from. Whether its ESPN's obsession with the sox and yanks, ESPN's "cute" segments, or FOX's completely inappropriate. comments. I don't know how that can get through an editor. I understand writers want to shock people to get readers but there has to be a line. Bravo to you Brian for standing up to FOX.

I saw a few reports about Baldelli simply listing his DL trip as "exhaustion" - which is certainly curious since, as the writer points out, Baldelli never plays. I bet Hench isn't even aware that Baldelli's "exhaustion" is actually a much more serious illness that could be potentially life threatening and is certainly career threatening.

if that is the case, i think he at least owes Rocco an apology for writing that column without the complete facts.

Archived