Brewer Fanatic

Janssen just went down for the Jays. is there a fit?

I was thinking about starting a thread about this as well. They have to be as perfect of a match as is out there right now!!!! I think two of our most marketable/tradeable players right now are Bush and Gross. Toronto wouldn't even have to do any homework on them. I don't know who they have to offer in return but there has to be something pretty good. A 2 for 1 swap, in my mind, would be great. You'd be getting one very good player in return and freeing up a spot on the 40 man roster. I would also clear out our pitching and OF logjams. We've gotta get something pretty damn good in return though. If we have to option those two to AAA, so be it. Its better than clearing these logjams by trading them for some 1982 Ned Yost baseball cards.

Time for Doug to start, to quote Harvery Korman in Blazing Saddles, to "do the voodoo that you do so well!!!!!!"

Time for Doug to start, to quote Harvery Korman in Blazing Saddles, to "do the voodoo that you do so well!!!!!!"

Colonel Potter said that once on M*A*S*H, too, but I couldn't tell you which came first.

I wonder who Toronto might value more, Capuano, Bush for a return engagement, or Vargas.

I'd like to see a Ricky Romero and Robinzon Diaz deal for one of our starting pitchers, would that be too much to ask for?

From what I hear Robinzon Diaz is a 23 year old catcher and hits for a high average, and Romero is a lefty that has a lot of potential but has had some shoulder problems.

If you were looking to add a second-tier catching prospect, Toronto would be the place to go...they've got Thigpen and Diaz who both have a significant amount of AAA time, and Brian Jeroloman who will be in AA this year. Each offers something a little different...Thigpen is a 1b/C who bats RH, could play infield or outfield corners in a pinch, career .280 BA in the minors with a .370 OBP but not a ton of power...could be a very nice bench player at the very least. Diaz looks like a good defender, high batting average guy with no walks, doubles power at most. Jeroloman bats lefty, low BA but gets on base like crazy (.421 OBP in the Florida State League?!), and has a great defensive rep, but again isn't a power guy...you'd think that skillset would get him a long career as a backup at the very least.

Given that the Jays have Zaun and Barajas in the majors and a hot prospect coming up the ladder in JP Arencibia, I'd think they'd be more than willing to deal one of those guys.

Colonel Potter said that once on M*A*S*H, too, but I couldn't tell you which came first.

Heathens! It's from a Cole Porter song.

Archived