Brewer Fanatic

Did Prince gain 10 pounds?

ELCABALLO45

You're making a big deal out of it. Last year Gallardo was listed 6'1 209 now it says he's 6'2 220. Last year Prince was listed at 6'0 260 now he's listed 5'11 270. I don't really look too much at the height and weight of players since they don't normally tell the truth.

add 10 pounds a year and you have a player who's career is cut short. In 5 years, prince is going to want to be a dh. prince was basically a dh when the Brewers drafted him. So do the brewers keep him for another 4 years? or do they trade him before he grows more? I've heard all the prince backers all say how great a diet and exercise regimen he went through after high school to keep in shape. prince is no longer a guy straight out of high schoo. i doubt his motivation to stay in shape is as great as it once was. But players tend to become less motivated to stay in shape as they receive that first $10 million contract.

How many pounds did Cabrera lose over the Winter? 5? 10? once the pounds are on, it's harder to lose them. I'm not saying prince is fat. I'm saying he will be in 6-8 years - just like his dad. and his great career will be cut short- just like his dad.

While I agree that Prince is by no means svelte, I'm not sure Iagree that he will balloon in the next 5-6 years due to motivational issues. The whole reason why he slimmed down in HS was because people doubted him because of his weight. We have all seen how motivated Prince is to not end up like his father and to prove people who doubt him wrong. Further he has made the decision to improve his diet (whether or not weight is the intended result it may occur anyway) and is by no means "fatty" right now.

That said injury and age will eventually catch up but I'm naive enough to think Prince will do everything to prevent that from happening from happening for awhile.

Hi there. Are you a large person? Pleasantly plump? A little on the hefty side, perhaps? Well, let's face it. Are you fat? When you go jogging, do you leave potholes? When you make love, do you have to give directions? At the zoo, do elephants throw you peanuts? Do you look at a menu and say, "OK"?

Let's be honest, Prince is fat.

I think everyone has accepted the fact that Prince will gain weight as he ages. Anyone who thinks he's going to be playing when he's 38 is probably fooling themselves. You can only fight genetics for so long.

That said, there's no reason to believe that Prince will have any weight issues while the exclusive property of the Brewers. It will be someone other team's problem.

As I read the article today in the JS on Kapler and his nutritional habits, I couldn't help but wonder a couple things:

* Prince is now a vegetarian. One would think that his weight *might* balloon if he doesn't take to the soyburgers and such, and starts to eat foods that are high in carbs and calories (rice, pasta, etc)

* It's my hope that Ned put Gabe's locker somewhere close to Prince's so everytime Gabe takes his shirt off to shower, Prince takes a peek over, looks down at his own girth, and makes a commitment right then and there to be more cognizant of his weight.

I know, wishful thinking, but today's article did get me to thinking about nutrition and Prince a bit. Here's hoping that the young man can stay focused off the field as well.

I' m not going to call prince fat. I didn't think his dad was very fat either. but he was big and not very tall. and over the years, the pure weight of his body took its toll on his legs and knees. I think it's safe to project that prince will gain another 20 pounds in the next 5 years. I' m not going to say 20 pounds of fat, but rather just 20 pounds of natural growth. At 290-300 and 5'10, it's going to be very hard for him to carry that much weight on his small frame and remain healthy without having leg problems. to add longevity to his career, he is going to become a dh sooner than many would expect or hope. But as many have already pointed out, that won't be our problem . that will be some other team's problem.

I don't really buy into this stuff about he's motivated to be better than his dad, and that's going to motivate him to eat less and exercise more and be all that he can be.

I guess we should just enjoy it while we can.

I would only call Prince fat if my name wasn't listed in the phone book.

The MLB "official" stats are mostly a joke. If Prince sticks with the vegitarian thing he should be alright as long as he is eating the right foods. Carbs aren't going to kill him as long as he eats the right kind (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc). The soy would be worse if that is all he does, those things are high on the sodium content. If he keeps up the exercise and gets some good nutritional advice, he should be groovy.

Well he isn't 5'11" I don't think either, but he's taller than 5'7". I'd split the difference and say 5'9". I'm 6'0" and stood right next to him at a game in Beloit, and I'm definitely a couple inches taller, but not 5.

No he isnt. he is more like 5'5", and closer to 325-350 actually.

Did I mention I forgot to put my original post in blue??

Also, NDog, what kind of dog is that in your avatar. Looks just like mine.

what happens when he gets tired of being a vegitarian? once people become vegetarians, do they ever switch back? do vegetarians eat fish? do they eat chips and drink beer?

do vegetarians ever "cheat" on their proclaimed diet? I know people who's religion requires them to fast on Sundays. however, if they are vacationing, the rules don't apply.

I have to believe once prince signs that $12 million a year contract, his dieting habits might change.

12 million dollars of beefalo. What would that look like?

But seriously poor Prince has a major problem that only his youth and profession are helping to stave off. Once he starts to go down hill, it's gonna be fast.

And by the time he's 65, if he makes it that long, yes he should be 5'3" and weigh 365 lbs.

I don't think vegetarians "cheat" since they chose for themselves to follow that lifestyle. Most did not "grow up" into the lifestyle.

I put 0 weight (pun intended) into the "official" baseball measurements. Prince was probably 280 last year but they lied down to 260. Maybe he lost 10 pounds and so now they don't feel so bad putting up his real weight? Maybe the weights are just a guestimate and they guy doing it didn't look at what they had listed last year.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived