Brewer Fanatic

No one wants to trade for Capuano or Vargas

apirk

I was an jerk I guess because I found it amusing the insane amount of trade proposals on this board involving these two and I can't be the only one

Did I call you a jerk?

And as far as media reports of possible trade rumors http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The majority of trade rumors out there from the media have zero substance behind them at all.

But your guarantee that no one is going to try to net any of our SPs does? You can't be serious to claim that your shot-in-the-dark comment has as much legitimacy as reporting by beat-writers who are around the teams every day.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't know guys. If I say to myself, "you're a general manager. Do you want either of these two guys on your team?" I gotta answer, "yes." But I'd also add, "but it's gotta be cheap, cheap, cheap."

I really can't see the Brewers getting much for either of these two guys. They're just not very good. I'd keep 'em both and hope I catch some lightning in a bottle and then ship 'em out fast, fast, fast.

I was an jerk I guess because I found it amusing the insane amount of trade proposals on this board involving these two and I can't be the only one

Did I call you a jerk?

And as far as media reports of possible trade rumors http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The majority of trade rumors out there from the media have zero substance behind them at all.

But your guarantee that no one is going to try to net any of our SPs does? You can't be serious to claim that your shot-in-the-dark comment has as much legitimacy as reporting by beat-writers who are around the teams every day.

No one called me a jerk

I do think someone might be interested in some of theCrews SP but I have never seen two bad pitchers so overvalued in my life. I wonder what people would've thought what Teddy Higuera or Juan Nieves was worth.

Internet/media trade rumors are jokes and are often used to get people to read their stuff.

I really do hope this threads blows up in my face and they get some solid prospects for them.

Wonder if they might be interested to trade Burnett for Cappy and Vargas

They would need more than that- it would probably be Capuano and two good prospects- possibly someone like Gamel. It would be a long shot, but I think it would be pretty sweet to have Burnett if he could be had for only Cappy and a decent prospect or two- I think it'd be an interesting gamble, and probably worth it.

You can't say that you don't assume to know anything that the rest of us don't, then you go onto say that the majority of the rumors out there have zero substance behind them at all. To make that definitive statement, wouldn't you then have to have inside knowledge of those conversations?

Also, I think you need to understand that there is a difference from a blog suggesting what MAY be a good trade, or a thread doing the same, and a report of a possible trade.

Wow, not only is this condescending(as TooLiveBrew used it as an example that there were actual trade talks and you essentially laugh in his face), but I find it ironic that we're to take your word for it, and ignore the baseball writers who have actual relationships and connections with baseball people. I'm sorry, but if it's between you and Peter Gammons, I think I'm going to side with him.

I guess what I find distasteful is your almost gloating that the Brewers haven't made a trade yet and citing "all these trade proposals"(without actually citing one single example of a ridiculous one) and the premise that you know they haven't had talks....not to mention the mocking.

You can't say that you don't assume to know anything that the rest of us don't, then you go onto say that the majority of the rumors out there have zero substance behind them at all. To make that definitive statement, wouldn't you then have to have inside knowledge of those conversations?

Also, I think you need to understand that there is a difference from a blog suggesting what MAY be a good trade, or a thread doing the same, and a report of a possible trade.

Wow, not only is this condescending(as TooLiveBrew used it as an example that there were actual trade talks and you essentially laugh in his face), but I find it ironic that we're to take your word for it, and ignore the baseball writers who have actual relationships and connections with baseball people. I'm sorry, but if it's between you and Peter Gammons, I think I'm going to side with him.

I guess what I find distasteful is your almost gloating that the Brewers haven't made a trade yet and citing "all these trade proposals"(without actually citing one single example of a ridiculous one) and the premise that you know they haven't had talks....not to mention the mocking.

Jesus christ, how literal is everything taken around here, this thread has become rediculous. I am referring to the ridiculous trade rumors on this board that people are making not about anything the team is doing. Obviously there is a possibility these two pitchers could find new homes I just can't believe how overvalued they are on this board, that is all. I guess you need to add a disclaimer for people who take everything completely literal.

I know the difference between a blog or suggested trade in a thread because that is what this thread is about not reported possible trades. So either I am not explaining it again or you aren't reading my posts correctly.

I don't know anymore then anyone else not even going to pretend to, unless you think ESPN, blogs where ESPN steals info and rumors from, are always using credible info when they report trade rumors. ESPN is a joke and it is in their benefit to make sports interesting and entertaining. Sure I am sure a lot of their trade rumors have merit but a lot of them dont, for example the majority of Santana's rumors.

"I guess what I find distasteful is your almost gloating that the Brewers haven't made a trade yet and citing "all these trade proposals"(without actually citing one single example of a ridiculous one) and the premise that you know they haven't had talks....not to mention the mocking"

Once again this thread has nothing to do with the organization, simply reading it would answer that. Anyways How do you know they have had talks? Do you know something we don't know? If you don't like me saying what I said you can always ignore it.

I apologize to anyone who is offended that I don't think that Capuano or Vargas have that much trade value.

we can agree to disagree.

this thread has become rediculous.

Well, it didn't get off to a good start after this post;

Unless some team is really in need of SP they will be with the Brewers and even if we do trade them the Brewers are not going to get much for them.

Jesus christ, how literal is everything taken around here

My post is a hell of a lot less crazy then every single trade proposal people post involving these two pitchers.

What part of this wasn't suppose to be taken literal?

I was an jerk I guess because I found it amusing the insane amount of trade proposals on this board involving these two and I can't be the only one.

Again, you WEREN'T being literal here? I guess that's on you then. If you're not able to convey your sarcasm or whatever it is you're trying to convey, then use that pretty blue font people use.

Again, if I took this TOO literal, then why don't you explain what you meant rather than getting worked up?

I am referring to the ridiculous trade rumors on this board that people are making not about anything the team is doing.

What are you talking about? "Not about anything the team is doing"? This doesn't make any sense. Plus, like last time, before you got all worked up and talked about people taking your exact words "too literal", I asked for an example of all these "rediculous" trade suggestions.

I just can't believe how overvalued they are on this board, that is all. I guess you need to add a disclaimer for people who take everything completely literal.

Yes, you keep saying the word literal. I'm starting to think you don't know what it means because you haven't given one example yet. You see, even in this post you KEEP talking about all these crazy trade rumors. Then when I ask for one, ask what you're talking about, you go off on a tangent about how everyone's too literal.

I know the difference between a blog or suggested trade in a thread because that is what this thread is about not reported possible trades. So either I am not explaining it again or you aren't reading my posts correctly.

Ummm...what?

unless you think ESPN, blogs where ESPN steals info and rumors from, are always using credible info when they report trade rumors. ESPN is a joke and it is in their benefit to make sports interesting and entertaining.

Seriously, what on Earth does this have to do with anything? Now you go into a diatribe about ESPN? Hmmm....

Sure I am sure a lot of their trade rumors have merit but a lot of them dont, for example the majority of Santana's rumors.

Actually, almost all of the Santana rumors were supported by the actual GM's involved, so I don't know what you're talking about here.

Once again this thread has nothing to do with the organization, simply reading it would answer that.

Whatever you say. I can hardly understand what you're posts are trying to say. And clearly, if I replied to your posts, and quoted several things you said, wouldn't that suggest that I "simply read it"?

Anyways How do you know they have had talks? Do you know something we don't know? If you don't like me saying what I said you can always ignore it.

How do I know? Doug Melvin has said as much. And no, I don't know something "WE'' don't know, but apparently I know something you don't know.

As for the "ignore it" part, again, what are you talking about? Can you deal with someone not agreeing with what you said, or asking you to clarify your off the wall comments?

I am not going to go through all replies to all you replies. This is so stupid I didnt know I was arguing with captain message board.

I have no problem with someone saying I am wrong it is you opinion but you seem to take a lot of time to tell someone they are wrong.

What is so off the wall about my comments?

Main points:

On this board Capuano and Vargas are overvalued

Most Trade rumors are made up (a lot of the Santana rumors were false the GMs said a lot of players mentioned were never mentioned)

Sounds absolutely crazy to me

You can disagree with me all you want because those are just my opinions

As far as examples of trades I've read Crisp, Aj Burnett, figgins, etc

As far as not knowing what literal means well I know what it means.

If you want to keep dissecting everything I post in my thread go for it, have fun. It nice to know someone cares to point out how wrong I am because internet message boards are serious business.

We have different opinions big deal

Sucks about the Gopher loss yesterday but it is nice to see Tubby turn that program around.

Go Gophers

but I have never seen two bad pitchers so overvalued in my life.

Vargas = bad... ok, probably not, but not a huge stretch

Capuano = bad... absolutely not

I'm a little curious as to what you are basing this off of? You defend Cappy but both pitchers have very similar statistics... and Vargas actually has a much better record. Vargas has 10 less losses than Cappy and has been an above .500 pitcher for 3 straight years. Cappy has been above .500 only once in the past 5 years.

Both pitchers have the same years of experience

Both have thrown roughly 700 innings (Cappy 711, Vargas only 670ish)

Vargas has a 43-38 record to Cappy's 42-48

Their WHIP is within a tenth of a point Cappy 1.36 to Vargas 1.46

Their BAA is very close, Cappy .266 and Vargas .272

ERA is about a half a run difference with Cappy at 4.40 and Vargas at 4.95

Basically you made it sound like Cappy was head and shoulders above Vargas, and I just don't agree. To be honest, I would actually prefer to see Vargas in the rotation this year more than Cappy.

EDIT:

To get WAY back to the main topic of this thread... The majority of Brewers fans realize that we're not going to get anything great back for Cappy, Bush, or Vargas. We get a low to mid level prospect back, we get rid of a couple million worth of sallary, and we free up room for our younger talent. That happens and not too many people would complain.

Please don't use wins and loses to compare pitchers. Vargas was 11-6 last year and Sheets was 12-5. That is a very close record, but those pitchers are not close in talent at all. Sheets also has a losing record over his career. Would you pick Vargas over Sheets?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I included wins, but that is not the only thing I used. I'm not even saying that Vargas was the better pitcher, I'm just saying that the gap isn't as big as it was made out to be. They are actually fairly close, and to be honest, I would prefer Vargas this year if one has to stay.

Archived