Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun is a confident young man

splitterpfj
I think we are all going to think even more of young Ryan Braun once word leaks on who has been hanging around the Brewers clubhouse in Maryvale...

Any female sightings, MF???

Alright, everyone guess! Google won't save you #92:

Jessica Simpson?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the first things Ryan talked about when he stormed out of the gate last year was the fact that he wasn't satisfied: he wasn't being patient and drawing his walks. It definitely sounds like he isn't content to rest on his laurels.

Ryan, a .324 average, .634 slugging percentage, and setting the team rookie record for homers is pretty darn good.

When stuff like that happens, I think the walk rate and the defense at third are tolerable. But that is just me.

As long as he stops short of referring to himself in the third person, I'm fine with it.

No....no....NO!!!

I haven't read him doing this, nor have I heard it, but is this something he does often? Nothing is more off-putting to me than a professional athlete who refers to himself in the third person.

I believe I just prefer the modesty of Hall of Famers like Molitor, Yount, Aaron and Matthews.

Let's not forget that while Molly is my all time favorite player in all of sports, he was snorting a little blow when he was Braun's age, so it may be a bit premature to label him anything at this point.

No....no....NO!!!

I haven't read him doing this, nor have I heard it, but is this something he does often? Nothing is more off-putting to me than a professional athlete who refers to himself in the third person.

No he said as long as he stops short of referring to himself in the third person. Meaning he's fine with what he's doing now but if Braun ever starts referring to himself in the third person he'll have a problem.

Let's not forget that while Molly is my all time favorite player in all of sports, he was snorting a little blow when he was Braun's age, so it may be a bit premature to label him anything at this point.

I'm not really sure what you were trying to insinuate here, but it bugs me how on this forum, seemingly every single time Molitor's name is brought up, someone has to mention that the guy did drugs in his young days. So did probably hundreds of others. Let it go already.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Alright, everyone guess! Google won't save you #92:

Jessica Simpson?

Hmm. Last I knew she was with Romo.

YostInfection makes it seem like everyone here would know her. How bout Erin Andrews. That'd be pretty legendary.

I'm guessing everyone (besides Bullox and some others sure to rip me) does know her. Let me preface this by saying that I am hearing this twice removed - a friend of one of the Brewers AZ clubhouse guys - but I have no reason to believe this would be a lie. If my *credibility* (what little I have) wouldn't take a hit, and everyone would understand that this is just "second-hand" info, I'd be happy to reveal the mystery woman.

And I agree with the masses, if it was EA it would be otherworldly. Sadly, it is not. But it's still good.

If my *credibility* (what little I have) wouldn't take a hit, and everyone would understand that this is just "second-hand" info, I'd be happy to reveal the mystery woman.

We know it's second hand info and obviously won't know anything for sure until there are photos up at tmz.com. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That being said, spill it and tell us who it is. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think the difference between Braun's "cockiness" and that of the players we've all come to hate is that Braun includes his respect for teammates. He knows he's good, but he doesn't have to put others down in order to prop himself up and make himself look better. His quote is basically saying that he knows how good of a hitter Prince is, and he knows how much of a difference it will be with Prince batting before him (from experience, if anything). It's a different kind of humbleness.

And I thought that Lauren girl was still doing shows post "the Hills" on MTV. Does this mean Braun might make an MTV appearance?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Couldn't agree more, jazzy. It seems that Braun genuinely respects his teammates and thinks they are great hitters, thus making him a better hitter. The 10 months or so he has been in Milwaukee thus far have almost been too good to be true from both the baseball and public forum arenas. Seems to be "one of the good ones".

Archived