Brewer Fanatic

Matt LaPorta Blogging This Season

Minigoon
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, he answered my email.

It's surprising how anyone could come away with a bad impression of him. Even in one of the lines in his journal:

"Last week, we played the Mississippi Braves, who are a very talented ball club and will do well this season. We took five games from them and were 5-0 for the start of the season."

They swept them in five games. I'm sure most wouldn't make it a special point to say that about a team they just demolished.

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Brief and fairly generic update from Matt this week, so send him emails -- his faith is so key for him, obviously, which is commendable, but we need some on-field or clubhouse anecdotes, Matt:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080428&content_id=391276&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

It's surprising how anyone could come away with a bad impression of him.

I honestly got a bad impression of him during spring training. I was with my friend and we were hanging out by the minor league fields and we asked him for an autograph when he was just walking between fields. Gamel and Jeffress had no problem signing, but he just blew us off. I could understand if it was a crowd or something, but it was just the two of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Matt with his best journal entry of the season thus far Reminder -- send him an email question...

That was a great blog. First off, had no idea he grew up a Cubs fan. Matt in time you will learn to hate them. Also didn't know he was twice drafted in the 14th round Cubs coming out of high school and then after his Junior year at Florida by the Red Sox.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Written before the trade.

For Cleveland's sake, Matt had better be a better slugger than blogger. My goodness, did MiLB.com explain to him what might make for good reading -- on or off-the-field anecdotes, anything at all? We now link to the journal entries just to point out how dull and inconsequential they are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived