Brewer Fanatic

Is Rickie's Production A Concern?

afeter
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know his line drive rate is down, but he hasn't had one bloop hit all year. He's certainly not hitting good by any means, but he should be in the .240-.250 range.

I probably sound like a broken record as I've said this a lot on here, but he's been very unlucky this year.

I think not temporarily moving him out of the leadoff spot, to shake things up a bit, is more of a concern. He's supposed to be the catalyst, and when he's struggling, that puts more pressure on the rest of the guys to hit.

Weeks production is most certainly less of a concern than Braun or Fielder. If each of those players raise their OPS by .100 I'll be ok with where Weeks is but still consider Fielder and Braun as underproducing.

I feel like Weeks is starting to turn a corner. He has only struck out 4 times in the last 10 games which is a span of 47 at bats. That is quite the improvement. His hits are going to start falling if he keeps that up.

• 3 weeks later...

What I don't understand is why Rickie will never drop down a bunt. 1st and 3rd 1 out in a tie game the top priority has got to be to get that run in.

Why not just push one down between 1st base and the pitcher?

I'm on the opposite side of the fence with Rickie. He is not good. Not a single season over .280 in the bigs.
He had a .373 OBP last year. Better than everybody except Fielder.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

What I don't understand is why Rickie will never drop down a bunt. 1st and 3rd 1 out in a tie game the top priority has got to be to get that run in.

Why not just push one down between 1st base and the pitcher?

I think in general, bunting is a stupid strategy. Most likely, if Rickie bunts in that situation the result will be runners at 1st and 3rd, 2 outs.

Last two weeks he's posted an .826 OPS. Last 7 games he's put up these numbers: .286 .400 .536

Archived