Brewer Fanatic

Why I love Spring Training!!! Great story!

jvrocksaz
I was just relaxing at the game yesterday (Sunday) with my 3 year old son. We went to the game played at Maryvale and sat in the Right Field lawn seats. My son brought a small collection of his matchbox cars and a small fold up matchbox playset. It wasn't long before another little boy, about the same age, came over and asked if they could play together. The boy did not speak too much english but they had a great time playing anyways. The boy's mother sat off in the shade but came over to make sure it was ok for them to play together. Midway thru the 3rd inning, the boy's father showed up and called out for him. The boy got up and ran over and was telling his father how much fun he was having playing cars! The little boy brought his father over to say hi... As I looked up, it sure as heck was Yovani Gallardo! Maybe I should have expected as much as the little boy had a custom fit, #49, Gallardo Brewers jersey on... Yo was in street clothes and it amazed me that no one recognized him but me! He introduced himself to me and my boy! He thanked us for allowing his son to play! My son reached up and gave his boy the matchbox car that he had taken a liking to! The moment was so great that I didn't want to ruin it by asking for a picture or autograph. I told him I was a big fan and hoped that he got back soon! He said the rehab was going great and he was expecting to get back on the field soon! We shook hands and they were off! What a great moment for me and especially my son! Spring Training is AWESOME!!!!

The moment was so great that I didn't want to ruin it by asking for a picture or autograph. I told him I was a big fan and hoped that he got back soon! He said the rehab was going great and he was expecting to get back on the field soon! We shook hands and they were off!

^^ best part of story. Way to go.

Super-fantastic!

My son reached up and gave his boy the matchbox car that he had taken a liking to!

You should be very proud of your boy. That was my favorite part. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yes, I was very proud! As much as it was a great moment for me, the memories of the boys interacting will be much more so! I did stop at Target on the way home to "reward" him for the nice gesture! He got a new matchbox car!

Great story, but next time, show some emotion. Maybe use an exclamation mark? I dunno, something just to show us that your excited

Elaine: Hmm...

Jake: What?

Elaine: Oh it's nothing.

Jake: What is it?

Elaine: It's nothing.

Jake: Tell me.

Elaine: Well, I was just curious why you didn't use an exclamation point?

Jake: What are you talking about?

Elaine: See, right here you wrote "Myra had the baby", but you didn't use an exclamation point.

Jake: So?

Elaine: So, it's nothing. Forget it, forget it, I just find it curious.

Jake: What's so curious about it?

Elaine: Well, I mean if one of your close friends had a baby and I left you a message about it, I would use an exclamation point.

Jake: Well, maybe I don't use my exclamation points as haphazardly as you do.

Elaine: You don't think that someone having a baby warrants an exclamation point.

Jake: Hey, I just chalked down the message. I didn't know I was required to capture the mood of each caller.

Elaine: I just thought you would be a little more excited about a friend of mine having a baby.

Jake: Ok, I'm excited. I just don't happen to like exclamation points.

Elaine: Well, you know Jake, you should learn to use them. Like the way I'm talking right now, I would put an exclamation points at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!

Jake: Well, you can put one on this one: I'm leaving!

Sorry to go off track...

Does the kid not speak much English because he is young or was he just shy? I know Yo was born in Mexico, but he went to HS in Ft. Worth.

Not being a downer, just curious. Great story to tell and memory to be had. You should get him a Gallardo jersey for his birthday.

Does the kid not speak much English because he is young or was he just shy? I know Yo was born in Mexico, but he went to HS in Ft. Worth.

Not being a downer, just curious.

He definately wasn't shy! At one point when while they took a break from playing, me and my son were off to get some food and the little boy wanted to go with! His mom said that he did not speak much english, only spanish!

You should get him a Gallardo jersey for his birthday

That is definately in the plans!

Archived