Brewer Fanatic

Quick, Cheer Me Up!

BuckyTuba

Bucky, perhaps, you don't need to read funny stuff. perhaps what you need is to read sad stuff to realize how great you really have it.

I rolled my car over last week in a snow /ice storm. I lost total control of the car . Rather than trying to regain control, I decided to go with the slide right into an irrigation ditch. not just any ditch, but an irrigation ditch. My car was swerving left on the icy road. there was a car and a semi coming in my direction. rather than trying to brake, or correct my direction of traffic, I allowed my car to go for the ditch and avoid the oncoming traffic. I avoided the traffic and went spiraling into the ditch. Rolling a car is kind of like flying and doing a turn in an F16. if you're calm, you survive. if you panic, you're dead. When the car came to a stop, i turned the motor off, and unsnapped my seatbelt. I then pryed open the door of my car which was now on it's side, and i climbed out the top like an astronaut that had just landed his lunor module in an oceon.. The oncoming semi and car that i avoided both stopped, called for emergency assistance and stayed with me until the ambulence and sheriff arrived on the scene. other than having a heart rate over 160, I was OK. My car was totaled, but I was ok. I had three box cutters in my car that night. two of them found their way to the front of my car. two box cutter blades broke loose from their container and also found their way to the front of my car. my 12 year old son stayed home that night, because he thought my speech for scouting was going to be boring. I never did give that speech. My Toyota Sienna gave it's life to save mine. There's a toyota hubcap in an irigation ditch off the side of a road today in Illinois to mark the spot. There should have been two roadside crosses with fake flowers. Somebody was looking out for me. I was given a second chance.

Yes I do believe in Angels. they're in the outfield and also looking out for me.

I realize this isn't very funny. But sometimes it's the heartwarming stuff that makes you feel better. people do care for others.

Archived