Brewer Fanatic

Season Ticket Issues?

mikevan1818

I argued with myself for a while about whether this should go in the major leagues forum, or the trading forum. If it needs to be moved - mods please do - and I apologize in advance.

Story: A friend of mine's family gets season tickets every year at Miller Park. For the last few years he has saved a ticket for the home opener for me. Our plan was to go again this year. He called his ticket agent a while ago while ordering the tickets to make sure he could get 4 opening day tickets. The tickets agent assured him he could get four. He told him to write down four on the sheet he sent in - and there would be no issue at all getting 4 tickets. In fact, the broker stated her could get him 4 extra (6 total) tickets. However, my friend just got his tickets in the mail and there are only two. His brother and his friend also usually come with us. So now - I am out of luck and without a ticket. (Unless something happens when we call the agent.)

I am wondering two things:
1.) Does this sort of disorganized ticket sale problems happen often with the Brewers? I seem to remember other people having some issues with season tickets. I usually have just bought single game tickets, but I have been thinking about splurging for season tickets. However, if this sort of issue happens often - I may stick with the single game tickets. I am holding off to hear other season tickets opinions - and to see how the Brewers handle my friends issue when he calls.

2.) Does anyone have (or know where I could find) 2 tickets to the home opener that aren't crazy priced - like on Stub-Hub? I will take anything (Standing Room Only, etc.).

Opening Day tickets are scarce because of higher season ticket sales. Bars have had their allotment cut as well.

I would say there's a good chance your friend heard what he wanted to hear or simply assumed he could "do what he's always done". Or maybe, he got bad advice.

I've never heard any issues with season tiks, as the Crew knows this is their base...probably 33% of their attendance comes from these folks.

1.) Does this sort of disorganized ticket sale problems happen often with the Brewers?

in short...yes. at least in my experiences.

most of the time they do a decent job, but they seem somewhat disorganized at times. i really think that the ticket office was not ready for the success of the team over the past couple years.

i thought in the past that you could get extra tickets to the opener equal to the number of tickets you hold. if your friend has 2, i think they would be entitled to 2 additional. i have 4 so i could get 4 extras.

as for the opener, many have heard my problems so i wont rehash them. i finally ended up with 20 SRO seats after ordering 40 in the club in past years.

My friend, who got a 20 game pack w/ me again this year, had them lose his ticket order, and since we want to sit together, our seats are now all over from game to game, instead of close to behind home plate like they would've been as we renewed within the first week of them being available.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

it's not really an issue about my tickets, but I didn't feel that it warranted a separate thread, so here goes . . .

I want to give a major shoutout to my account representative, Nate Hardwick. He has pulled through once again!

I sent the Brewers an email the other day about the media guide coupon that comes with our package. It was regarding how I can never claim it, since I live in Arizona. I was only wondering if there was any way that I could claim it in Maryvale tomorrow when I'm there or if there was anything else to do.

I received an answer today from Nate, stating that he would mail one to me so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I'm very pleased with this organization and their customer service. To quote Judge Smails, "Top notch! Top notch!"

So, I don't think Nate scours this site or posts here (or does he???), but I wanted to give him major props in public. I already thanked him via email, but this just gives me such a good feeling.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If Nate doesn't read the forum, I am confident that someone from the Brewers who does will see this and alert him to it.

Nate's our guy too, so I'll add to the props. Like pitchleague, our account is not very big-time - although we did add a second plan this year - yet I never feel like a small time customer when he's working with us. Maybe the customer service is just *that much better* for full season customers (peeled grapes, personal errands run, I don't know), but we have been consistently happy with his service.

Of course, if he does read the forum, or starts to, pitch and I probably have our covers blown by now, and the Brewers will be able to identify all of our posts. Nuts.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived