Brewer Fanatic

07/22/07 Giants (Zito) @ Brewers (Vargas) 1:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing Mench with high socks gives me flashbacks to Chris Magruder. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

And the other good news is, the Cubs aren't winning...yet, considering it's the top of the first.

But a Crew win and a Cubs loss today would be an excellent cap to an otherwise not so great weekend.

Quote:
Seeing Mench with high socks gives me flashbacks to Chris Magruder. lol

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Yeah umm if this offense keeps up they better wear the high socks everyday.

My prediction is looking good so far (except the baserunning mistake of course)

unfortunately that was good baserunning. Just happens to have been one of the best shortstops of the last decade or so.

What's going on here...Vargas getting hitters out rather quickly?

The FSN gun said 97 for Vargas' last strikeout pitch. Pretty sure that can't be right.

When we acquired him, I remembered seeing him throwing 95 last year, so it wouldn't surprise me.

man, Fielder drops a ball, now Hart freezes because of the soft fly

That's some poor defense that costed us a run there. They may call the Roberts bunt a hit, but Prince should have made the play, Rickie made a heckuva play to get there and made a good throw.

Hart completely misjudged that last ball. Not looking very good defensively this inning.

I think Al must be the official scorer at today's game, since his philosophy is "when in doubt, give the hit." Unfortunately his philosophy overlooks that each hit potentially leads to earned runs, and each hit also affects a pitcher's whip. I hate punishing pitchers for fielder's mistakes.

On the other hand, there are unearned runs that are absolutely the pitcher's responsibility. We hope it evens out over time, but it often takes a pretty large sample for that to happen.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived