Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Giveaways and SGA

pepsimax23

I thought it bears mentioning. In the next two weekends, the Brewers are having two SGA days! The catch is, you need to drive to 51st ave & Indian School in Phoenix, Arizona. Not too bad for me as I live 6 miles away.

3/8 Rickie Weeks Bobblehead Day (first 1000)

3/15 Chorizo Bobblehead Day (first 500) - Cerveceros Jerseys will be worn as its a Latin Heritage "celebration"

It would be shocking that the giveaways werent 2007 leftovers. Are there going to be the pinstripe alternates passed out? Lets just say I wont be analyzing the boxes for "mixed" as I enter. Also, ushers in the fifth inning seek out children and simply give them bobbleheads. From what I saw it all looked like last years inventory. Even a bunch of 1957 Braves Matroishkas were part of the deal. We got a couple by filling out a 4-page survey proctored by ASU undergrad biz students.

Anybody coming to "Scaryvale" this month? I've been there three times already and will be by twice in the next 3 days. Really, I should post a gallery from this year. I remember that SunDevil1 had something of the sort last year. I havent been looking too much in the major leagues board, but hopefully someone has been good sharing content. If any of you might be really curious about my pix (which are totally awesome w/ my new dslr cam), shoot me an email & i'll send you a couple. maxsiker at yahoo

ps. Next weekend saturday, I will experience the double SGA extravaganza. 3/15 is Chorizo & Tom Chambers. Since I was back home 07/07, its going to be the second chorizo day for me!

hey guys. i had a bobblehead moment for the ages last weekend. last sat 3/8 game, i somehow i got into the VIP tailgate and got to have a catered buffet w/ the brew crew. naturally when i crossed rickie weeks, i said "dude, i got your bobblehead." his response was to the effect of "good for you whatever". i'm sure he didnt get the memo they were passing a thousand toys of him outside that day. anyways, i was able to get a pic w/ him, the bobblehead, and me. and after i'd seen a few ppl were having him sign it, i got one too. i had thought about being really greedy and grabbing a dozen(s). but i ended up with a meager deuce. to my great surprise when i got home, i found out i got an alternate. my dumb luck finally.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/1218907/IMG_0003.jpg

like most of my collection, i doubt i'd care to trade or sell anything.

Not having the bobblehead in front of me to really look at, so I can't look at the exact dimensions, but it seems like he picked quite possibly the WORST possible spot to sign the bobblehead. It looks like it would be incredibly hard to sign it on his leg, especially since it's not entirely flat in that spot. Especially since Rickie's signature is a bunch of crazy lines, with nothing looking anything like "Rickie Weeks" anywhere.

Wouldn't the helmet, or the dirt area be easier to sign?? I had Turnbow sign his bobblehead and he signed the base of it, whereas Bill Hall signed on the brim of the cap.

That being said, still pretty sweet that you got to go to that thing and meet him and such. I'm jealous...

Archived