Brewer Fanatic

tell me what you think of this display

mattsr0625

ok so i bought this damian miller game used uniform and didnt know how i wanted to display it. since its the pants and the jersey i figured that the traditional way to get a jersey framed would work that well. so i decided to build a mannequin and dress him up. once i started i found the matching game used hat from turnbow. i am looking for some suggestions and feedback before i finish. i will have a head, shoes and belt for it tomorrow. then i will make all the little touch ups. but in the meantime i need some opinions on it. thanks

http://images.photo.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43238%3Enu%3D3233%3E3%3A6%3E576%3E23243%3A6667469ot1lsi

Brian, you don't have a headless, bat wielding mannequin in your basement?

Seriously Matt, that looks pretty great. I've seen full uniforms under glass before, where the pants are folded and are pinned up under the jersey--but I prefer the 3D look.

Just do your best to keep it away from UV light to prevent fading.

You could probably hire a high school kid for minimum wage to be your real-life mannequin and he'd fill out the jersey a little better. If it was me, I'd probably frame it as nicely as possible. Then again, it is only Damian Miller, so I'd be reluctant to spend that kind of money on a frame for his jersey. One you get the head, belt, etc and fill him out a little bit I think it'll look better. But I wouldn't put him in my living room. Only in a memorabilia room where he'd look cool.

Archived