Brewer Fanatic

07/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Harang) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
good to see Harang out there again. He's a heck of a pitcher, and amazingly is likely the best of the A's young studs. Who did they trade him for, again?

Jul 30, 2003: Oakland Athletics traded Aaron Harang, Jeff Bruksch and Joe Valentine to the Cincinnati Reds for Jose Guillen.

Crap...Hart K's again.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It sure is nice to have solid veterans like Graffanino on the bench. You gotta love being able to call on them in key situations to give you quality at-bats. They'd certainly never take a fifth-grade swing at a hanging slider to ruin a promising inning. Nah. Never.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

That's a very poor analogy, as the best hitters aren't going to get a hit 50% of the time.

Make it rolling a 1 or 2 on a 6 sided die if it makes you feel better but it's such a small sample, it doesn't even matter.

Put it this way Russ: Mench is 5 for 7 against Harang with, say, runners at the corners in a 1-1 game in the 9th, while Estrada is 1 for 7 in his career vs. Harang. You're telling me you wouldn't prefer for Mench to hit there?

Both players have logged hundreds of major league AB. I'd look at their career stats and if the samples are large enough, their splits against RH pitchers.

Until you show something to actually back that up, it's simply your opinion, and not fact.

I didn't make up the laws of statistics. I've explained this stuff a million times on these boards. If you don't understand it by now, I'm either a very poor teacher (I'm not ruling that out) or you just don't care. Either way, I'd be wasting my time.

Buy a used stats 101 text book or google "sample size".

Archived