Brewer Fanatic

07/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Harang) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm getting in here a bit late, but we don't know about Weeks.

Maybe Yost didn't want him to face this guy, or maybe the wrist was bothering him a little today. I think we'll see Weeks sit at least once a week, maybe twice a week sometimes, from here on out.

I'm fine with Counsell or Graffy filling in at second.

I dunno how on he is, the Brewers are swinging at a ton of junk pitches instead of taking them. The Brewers stink vs righties, the Reds stink vs lefties, this game is probably gonna be won off one teams bullpen even if it takes 10+ innings to get to them!

It's not proof of anything.

It's proof that he's had success against said pitcher in the past, for whatever reason. You have proof that it's meaningless? If not, then it's a reasonable idea to play the matchups.

Cappy has looked great his last two starts. Win or lose today, that's certainly encouraging.

It's proof that he's had success against said pitcher in the past, for whatever reason. You have proof that it's meaningless?

Statistics 101 and it's not even close. It's similar to flipping heads 5 out of 7 times and thinking that's evidence that the coin might not flip 50/50. You could double the sample and it wouldn't be useful for helping to project future performance. You are far better off just looking at Mench's split against RH pitchers.

Archived