Brewer Fanatic

07/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Harang) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is really the only pitching matchup that has me thinking we are doomed from the start."

Baseball being baseball, it's probably the only game the Crew will win in this series. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

In doing my part for the Brew crew, I will have a tasty Miller for every run they score and a shot of El Cazadores for every home run (luckily I am already home).

Go Brewers! I am setting the over under at 6!

I feel obliged to point out that a 7 AB sample is pretty much worthless for predicting future success.

I'd say that batter lines vs. a particular pitcher might actually be something worth noting. It's possible that Mench sees the ball well out of his hand, or has noticed a tip or something.

I feel like Cappy struggles with the bottom half of the order traditionally. I don't know how I could track that down or even if it's possible to, but I really feel like he gets himself in trouble with batters 6-9.

Bill just said that it's a "statistical anomaly" to find a batter that both strikes out a lot and walks a lot. Does he even watch the game?

I'd say that batter lines vs. a particular pitcher might actually be something worth noting. It's possible that Mench sees the ball well out of his hand, or has noticed a tip or something.

I didn't say it's physically impossible for a batter to have a tendency to do well against certain pitchers. My point was that the result of 7 AB certainly isn't poof of it. It's not proof of anything. It would be worth noting only for it's historical value, not it's predictive value.

Archived