Brewer Fanatic

07/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Harang) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bruce. I respect your opinions and I almost always agree with you but not this time. The blame goes to Estrada and the rest of the offense. If Yost uses Coco and we don't score we still end up with Balfour or Spurling. If we score we have Cordero for the win. You have to keep your closer for the save.

Bringing in a pitcher who's ERA is over 16 isn't against the grain, it's stupid.

And, to not have somebody warm when he walked the first guy might be even worse.

Usually the first game of a roadtrip is pretty important. You need to get off on the right foot. Villy or Parra would have been better, either one.

[ Bringing in a pitcher who's ERA is over 16 isn't against the grain, it's stupid.

And, to not have somebody warm when he walked the first guy might be even worse.

Usually the first game of a roadtrip is pretty important. You need to get off on the right foot. Villy or Parra would have been better, either one. ]

The problem with Villy and Parra were that they both pitched yesterday. Neither of them looked sharp yesterday. Complicating things is that Parra really needs to get his work in not tonight, but maybe Wednesday night....

I suppose I might have gone with Spurling, although it pains me to suggest that as well.

For those who said he went by the book, even though it is in hindsight.

Would you have felt better about this is you used your best options first and possibly gave yourself the best chance to win?

I know Yost was probably thinking about going to Cordero, but he figured that the Reds were sending up crap that inning-which they were-but a new reliever who had failed in two previous appearances...I think not.

Spurling would have been even a more logical choice if Yost was going in that direction because even though he is bad, he has at least done a couple of good things.

If we score we have Cordero for the win.

But Ned didn't give us a good chance to even make it to the 13 for a chance to score. I just don't understand this type of logic. People are overly concerned about what might happen when reaching point B, when point B doesn't even exist without getting past point A.

ANYWAYS...

It's unfortunate that now that we get April-Cappy back, the offense has put up 3 combined runs in his last two starts, both of which were more than quality starts.

Here's to hoping Cappy keeps it up.

Well i agree Johnny needs to be made an example Of and Benched for a few games, The Play was In Excuseable.

I guess seening For the last few Games putting out Spurling and Balfour makes you think Melvin Going to have get a veteran for the Pen.

I don't care who they put in to pitch. The offense has to score more than one run. You just can't expect the bulpen to hold the other team down forever.

Very true. Not scoring with the bases loaded really cost us. We wouldn't have even seen Balfour then. Against Cinci at the homerpark, we HAVE to score more than 1 run.

That had to have been Balfour's last opportunity to do anything on this team this year - at least I hope so.

Yeah. Offensive issues notwithstanding, Balfour takes me back to the "Wheel of Relievers" of 2006. That is a bad thing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived