Brewer Fanatic

07/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Harang) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, my wife just asked me if they'll keep playing if no one scores and I explained that this wasn't soccer. (Yes, we've only been married 18 years, but she still has to ask me such questions.)

But, in this case, I suggest we make an exception and mutually agree that neither team really wants to win and we just passed the 185 minute mark so let's call it a tie.

I cannot believe that a Ned Yost team would be dogging it down the line in crucial situations. This is ridiculous, and he needs to get through to them.

Balfour now? Well, it's been fun.

I said it the other night, too, but if Weeks was a white guy, you'd hear announcers all over the league praising his grittiness. He runs hard, he breaks up DP's, hits catchers, get HBP, always has a dirty uniform - he's the definition of a "scrappy" player.

Time to check the record book. Has any pitcher ever entered a tie game in the 12th with an ERA higher than 16.88? I guess the thinking is we can get 3 in our next half inning.

Oh, wait ... road game.

Archived