Brewer Fanatic

7/24/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Reds (Belisle) 6:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Is this lineup missing enough "starters" to qualify as a forfeit lineup?

I'd say so, yes. lol

If Graffanino were at third this would be the ultimate forfeit lineup.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

yeah, but the last few times we've had the "forfeit" lineup out there, the Crew has scored something like 8-9 runs (maybe more). It's like when our pitchers relax when they see a weak opponent lineup and end up giving up a ton of runs (alright, I know our pitchers don't really "relax" on the mound)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't think we'll ever know if Estrada actually had a sore hammy.

You guys know how Yost won't go out to the public and criticize a player. For all we know he could have had a private meeting and really called him out and told him that if he's going to run like he's got a sore hammy, then he's going to sit like he has a sore hammy.

I can hope. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

GO BREWERS!

Wow that Estrada news sure is pretty convienent.

Ironically enough, the Journal Sentinal is now also reporting that Mench doesn't take walks because his head is too fat, Counsell can't hit because he holds his bat like a lightning rod and Nedly has had trouble managing because he can't find his pencil.

Seriously though, I think the Brewers can pull off a win with Gallardo on the hill today. Let's work Belisle early and get to the Reds bullpen.

The Brewers seem to have done a good job rebounding after bad games this year.

Quote:
Is it possible that Hardy is out due to lack of hustle as well?

I'm guessing it's because he's been horrible for the last couple of months.

The Cubs are going to win tonight (Zambrano vs Wells) so if we want to stay 3 games up we better win.

2 weeks of squatting behind the plate on defense and running for pop ups, on offense: 2 weeks of swinging at the first pitch and running around a bit, and then when he -dogs it- to first in a big situation he complains about the "injury"? C'mon dude! That's low class. Be a man. Say you dogged it, tell us it won't happen again, and move on.

Estrada and Yost took the coward's way out. I'm disappointed in them.

What's the Spanish word for "turtle"? Tortuga?

Lee was "El Caballo"

Estrada is now going to have to be "El Tortuga".

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Hardy is not out because he has sucked lately.. he has sucked lately, because he should have been sitting out if the Brewers could have afforded it. He's been playing through pain & nagging injuries.

It would be la tortuga to mean the turtle, but I like it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
Wow that Estrada news sure is pretty convienent.

Yes, but it's true and I don't speak English well enough to answer questions on steroids

Signed, Corky

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived