Brewer Fanatic

7/24/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Reds (Belisle) 6:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things concerning the 8th inning

1. Great job by Yost to finally pull a pitcher belows he totally implodes.

2. Turnbow is our setup guy and a good one at that. Every time he pitches everyone is nervous. When he gets the guys 1..2...3 like last night, nobody says anything but when he gives up some runs people want to shred him (thinking back to last year's 2nd half performance) Sometimes you have to tip the cap to the other team, as it is pretty obvious T-Bow isn't the only guy to give up a HR to Dunn. Atleast T-Bow wasn't walking guys.

Weeks still has shown almost no power but he's hardly been striking out at all lately and has been getting a decent share of walks. I'll take that over the Weeks of 2 weeks ago.

Sometimes CV is just nasty. Sometimes Turnbow isn't. Kudos to Yost for recognizing that Turnbow didn't have it tonight.

I wish I could tell the difference, beyond the results. Turnbow looked like he had the good stuff and then got blasted. Can't it just sometimes be that the batters did well and or just found some holes?

Ok so Rickie is hitting the ball better but with a runner on first and no outs up only a run why not bunt him? I don't understand why Yost refuses to have anyone on this team bunt but except the pitchers.

Quote:
No way I'd let Braun face a lefty with a runner on in a tight game as an opposing manager right now.

No kidding. He's racked up 509 vs Lefties

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Sometimes CV is just nasty. Sometimes Turnbow isn't. Kudos to Yost for recognizing that Turnbow didn't have it tonight.

At least Turnbow did attack the strike zone and sometimes the hitter wins this duel. I prefer to see Turnbow attacking hitters than walking them.

I agree, nice job by Yost to make a quick switch to CV, before it's too late.

Archived