Brewer Fanatic

Ned Yost really loves him some coffee

PKBadger

This is like a priceless comedy gem. Yost has done it again, folks!

In all seriousness, though, should we start slipping a little alcohol into that coffee so that it begins to reverse his bonehead decision-making process? (Sorry, that was just me wishful-thinking. He probably would make even weirder decisions if intoxicated.)

I used to be a coffee addict/fiend, i'd down anywhere from 6-12 cups a day. Then i got acid reflux and coffee/reflux don't go well together in the slightest, had to stop drinking coffee or deal with the pain it brought me. That's when i found out just how addicted to coffee i was. For a few weeks after quitting coffee, i felt almost like some crackhead, i couldn't believe just how badly i wanted to have a few glasses of coffee.

I didn't have a single cup of coffee then for around five years, but finally decided to have one on the way to a Packer game this year. Oh my lord did that taste good.

"Why would you write that? I don't drink 25 cups of coffee a day," Yost said. "Maybe seven or eight or 10, but not 25. And why is that anybody's business, how many cups of coffee I drink? That's the stuff that (ticks) me off."

Keep in mind that Nedly quit dipping (tobacco) about a year and change ago. My guess is that he simply replaced his nicotine addiction with caffeine.

At least with coffee, we can't really tell what's in the cup. For all we know, he could be drinking rum and coke.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I don't care if Ned Yost drinks coffee, or how much he drinks coffee.

But his reaction to this unimportant blurb just reinforces my hate for Ned Yost. I can't wait until Ted Simmons takes over. Worry about what matters Ned, like your decisions in crucial situations, and who makes the starting rotation.

Archived