Brewer Fanatic

Article: "I hate the Brewers" = Flame On!

Actually tailgating does take place at Wrigley. It's just not in the cars in cookie cutter parking lot. It takes place in the many bars of varying atmosphere that surround the ball park.Take the time to enjoy the experience if you come.

Yeah I have to agree that is not tailgating. Sounds more like bar hopping to me.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of a lot better things to do with my time than to e-mail some guy who wants to draw attention to his website. Apparently, this poor slob can't come up with enough compelling material to draw eyes, normally, so he figures he'll try the negative approach. Hell, if enough of you send him angry messages, he'll elevate the flame war, and start selling ad space. Meh.

"I can only think of a few words to describe this Cubs fan: Jag and Tool."

OK, that Judge Advocate General show on CBS wasn't that good, but I've been down with Adam Jones and Maynard and the fellas for the longest time, son...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I think at least parts of the article were tongue in cheek, though it doesn't dissuade my long held notion that the Brewers are probably one of the more hated teams in baseball.

I don't mind that, though.

I don't think that a team that hasn't really contended in a long time can be hated...hell, a team that's never really been a contender save for a couple years in the early 80's.

The Brewers frankly aren't hated by most fans. I'm sorry to say that I don't think most fans really care other than to possibly root for the team as they're an underdog type team.

I GOT AN EMAIL BACK...

Here it is...

"Thanks for the email, Aaron.

I do apologize for writing that article in haste and not proofreading. It was completely unacceptable and I make no excuse for it.

To answer your second question, a bus might run from downtown to Miller Park in February to transport the many people who work there, either as employees of the Brewers, or as independent contractors such as myself. Some tourists might also be interested in sightseeing there, although that might be a bit disappointing for them. I challenge you to find any other major league city that does not offer some sort of year-round public transportation from its downtown to its ballpark. Had Milwaukee not billed itself as a city, but rather as the suburb or small town that it more closely resembles, I would have known to take a taxi. Live and learn.

I won't speak for all Cubs fans, but I am far more nervous about the Reds than the Brewers this year. I can't say that I would blame a Brewers fan for being more nervous about the Reds than the Cubs, either.

To answer your final question, the article was a kind of joke, albeit one you did not find funny. That said, when I visited the park, the staff told me that ticket sales were uninspiring due to a drastic increase in prices this season. Perhaps that has changed in the past two weeks.

Take care and enjoy the season,

~Keith Glab"

The email he sent me:

"Thank you for writing. I can assure you that my future articles will adhere to your edict, as my past ones do. The Brewers article was written in an experimental style, that for the most part, has had readers who took it too seriously emailing me generic insults. I apologize if you found the article insulting.

That said, I stand by the points made in the article, if the style itself was unecessarily inflammatory. I am ready to defend any of the statements I made with statistics if you would like.

~Keith Glab"

To answer your second question, a bus might run from downtown to Miller Park in February to transport the many people who work there, either as employees of the Brewers, or as independent contractors such as myself.

This is perhaps the worst piece of logic I've ever read. How many people work at the stadium in the off-season? 50? 100? And how many of those actually a) live in the city of Milwaukee and b) would actually consider using public transportation. I doubt that there are too many "independent contractors" to worry about, either.

Definitely worth it for the city of Milwaukee to spend its transportation budget on a new bus route that nobody would use.

Archived