Brewer Fanatic

Article: "I hate the Brewers" = Flame On!

I know this is shallow, but I can't take that guy seriously after seeing his face.

That comment alone is deeper than any of the drivel this moron spilled out of his keyboard

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wrote this just to mess with his buddy, ok, but if he intended this to be a serious discussion of the Cubs, Brewers, or Milwaukee, this is a shallow, inaccurate waste of space.

Bill Hall was not a horrible defensive shortstop, and is obviously an upgrade at 3B, yes, the Brewers will actually play someone in CF while Cameron is out, and you're right, Hardy, Weeks, Fielder and Braun stand no chance of ever improving on defense, they're clearly on the way down at this age. The Cubs do not have one of the deepest rotations in baseball, they merely have a lot of pitchers....there's a difference.

I'll bet this guy lives with his mom.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I recommend not even clicking on the link in case they glean some kind of revenue from click throughs or something like that. If you don't like Milwaukee, and if you're trying to be funny that's fine....but if you don't like Milwaukee and aren't trying to be funny then try to at least get the facts right.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I recommend not even clicking on the link in case they glean some kind of revenue from click throughs or something like that. If you don't like Milwaukee, and if you're trying to be funny that's fine....but if you don't like Milwaukee and aren't trying to be funny then try to at least get the facts right.

this is an obvious attempt to get more traffic to a weak and under-utilized website.

couldn't we all pitch in and write up a similar story about Chicago and Wrigley Field.

"just the other day, I had to walk from the Sear's Tower to Wrigley because there were no buses going out that way."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Nah. He'll do it again. First on the agenda will be to publish the best of the e-mails in another blog entry. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I actually thought it was pretty funny... My favorite line was "Heck, Fielder covers a lot of ground just by standing there." I actually laughed out loud, does that make me a bad fan? Probably.... Too me the article was written just to be funny. I bet we could put together something similar about why we hate the Cubs and all of us (well most of us) would get a good kick out of that too.

Having been a proud cheesehead living in Chicago for several years, I was always a little sensitive to Wisconsin-bashing there (although in reality there was very little of it and when I heard it, it mostly came from overweight guys with bad goatees who lived out in some crummy suburb)...but this guy was just not good at it. I didn't wince once.

And as far as his actual analysis of the team goes? Forget about it.

(I did like the Fielder line, too, though)

Well good for you to whomever this jag is that wrote this "article". I hate Chicago just as much so we're even.

You know what then, stay out of our state completely. We don't want you here clogging up our highways, and buying up all our northwoods land.

Stay in your crappy flat state, we'll say in ours, and everyone will be happy.

I sent him an email, and he sent one back- it included a line saying that he was sorry if his story offended anyone, but he stood by his opinions. I guess I give him a little credit for responding, but still. That 'article' was just a pathetic attempt to generate publicity.

He must not have noticed that big thing across from the stadium called a parking lot where fans can do this thing called tailgating. Wrigley has no parking lot for fear that people would drive into the stadium and knock it down, honking their horns the whole time.

Actually tailgating does take place at Wrigley. It's just not in the cars in cookie cutter parking lot. It takes place in the many bars of varying atmosphere that surround the ball park.Take the time to enjoy the experience if you come.

And BTW, I'm not so sure the writer of the article is a Cubs fan.He's just some guy with an ax to grind.

I happen to like Milwaukee. I like your stadium but I'd really like to be there when the roof is open for the whole game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Actually tailgating does take place at Wrigley. It's just not in the cars in cookie cutter parking lot. It takes place in the many bars of varying atmosphere that surround the ball park.Take the time to enjoy the experience if you come"

I'm not complaining about the atmosphere around Wrigley - I happen to love it - but it most certainly is not tailgating.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived