Brewer Fanatic

Article: "I hate the Brewers" = Flame On!

http://baseballevolution.com/keith/hatebrewers.html

This brings us to the question of why a silly suburb like Milwaukee even has a major league franchise. It has been one of the most futile franchises in the history of Major League Baseball. It has a fairly small fan base. It has a cold, unfriendly stadium, although the seats are pretty close to the action on the field. From what I can tell, the only point of the franchise is to give Cubs fans a cheaper alternative to atttending Wrigley Field games

The fact that MLB hasn't made a motion to move this struggling franchise to an area of the nation that could use it makes you wonder whether there won't soon be an expansion franchise in Gary or Joliet. That's a joke, but then, so are the Milwaukee Brewers.

Actually, I wouldn't want to visit in February either.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/human-torch/23-1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do find it pretty funny that a Cubs fan is saying the Brewers shouldn't exist because of their futility. Even the Brewers have been in the World Series more recently than the Cubs have.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I bet this guy hates teams like the Twins as well. Any small market team that builds itself through drafting and player development instead of 300 million dollar payrolls surely doesn't belong in the USA. It's true what they say, jealousy and resentment are ugly things--especially by someone in the supposed media.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Only an idiot would walk from downtown Milwaukee to Miller Park. The rest of his article is just ancillary support for the conclusion that he is idiot. Most stadiums are going to be cold and unfriendly if you visit them in February. Like say Wrigley Field . . . I hear that it's a warm friendly place year round.

doesn't he realize the Cubs just barely beat us last year? he should know the 2-game pedistal he's standing on isn't very tall.

ironic that a Cubs fan is whining about Milwaukee's ticket prices. I'd have to cash in my 401K just to sit 400 feet away at Wrigley, if i found a parking space at all.

Cold and snowy in February? Thank god Chicago isn't cold and snowy in February or that wind would really suck. The reason most people drive in Milwaukee is because they can without paying a toll every 50 feet.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

ugh

"If you're a Pirates fan, and your team hasn't fielded a winning season in 14 years, the payroll excuse gets pretty tiresome. If you're a Cubs fan who is frustrated that your team's $100 million payroll isn't enough for it to compete, imagine how frustrating it would be to see the club spend $200 million and still fail."

What else can be said about this complete and utter idiot who probably in public calls himself a "journalist"? Reading that article proves to me that this guy is the figurehead for blind and pathetic Cubs fans everywhere. And series I agree with your statement, even without a picture I can't take him seriously. There are so many parts of the "article" that are just horrible I don't have time to rant. And while your at it, baseballevolution, take OUR Bob Uecker off of the side of your website. Just an ad, but even he would cringe reading this piece of junk rant.

I know this is shallow, but I can't take that guy seriously after seeing his face.

I'm with ya Series.

This whole piece (I refuse to glorify it by calling it an article) may have been a bad attempt at over-the-top mock contempt, but ended up being full of real contempt.

Just more drivel from a Cubs fan.

Archived