Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Well, for whoever asked when a good time to sit Fielder would be, how about NOT after sitting three players the day before. How about NOT when you're in danger of losing a series to the Reds.

As far as a direct answer, how about on a Sunday? Guess what, other teams seem to rest players on Sunday too...having Fielder out of the game when say, Scott Rolen is taking a rest too might even things out a bit?

We have four games in three days before it's Sunday. We have a day off on Monday. This is the perfect time to give Fielder a day off if he's not going to get more than one day off a month (outside of our scheduled days off).

And I'm not going to give Fielder a day off when Scott Rolen is resting. No, thanks. You give your guys a day off when you think they need one...not when someone else's good players are taking a day off.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
By everyone's argument about resting players, wouldn't Sunday followed by another day off on Monday be more beneficial as far as "rest" goes?

I'm guessing that something like this depends on the individual. Some guys might prefer to have two days off in a row, but others might want to have their days off spread out more (I know I do...I don't like having more than three days off at once because I never feel right when I get back to work). If that's the case, and I don't know what Fielder prefers or what Ned thinks is best for Fielder, then it would make sense to take a day off today before the team plays a grinding four-game series in three days in what will probably be some hot weather.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Why isn't Prince playing every infield position at once???!!!! Yost is an idiot for not putting him in each of the top four spots in the lineup simultaneously!!!

If Prince can't break Ripken's record then he needs to seriously think about his devotion to the team.

[ And by the way, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE "FOOLS" COMMENT. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I'm really not a bad guy, just a passionate (and frustrated) Brewer fan like most on here. But I do hate Yost. No backing down from that. ]

Passion = OK. Belittling others, not OK. As long as you play by those rules, that's all I ask.

By the way..

YMMV, but of all the things Ned has done in this series to infuriate us, I have this WAY down on the list. I mean, it's not even close.

If I had to choose whether to give Prince a day off or send Prince from first on a 3-2 pitch to a windmill, I'd take the day off. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived