Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing

mikerollins, "according to people around here" and "I'm so glad that nobody around here is in the coaching/managing profession" lean toward the condescension category.

casey,those two lines may be leaning toward condescension, but I for one thought the rest of the comments were 100% correct.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Since when is being young translate to needing days off? I thought old guys needed days off. Yost apologists are unbelievable. The lead is evaporating. Our best players are sitting. We have been struggling on offense. And the two sure things in the lineup have now sat in back to back games. Give me a break, the pathetic defense of Ned is just a joke.

Do you think that our offense could be struggling because our guys are tired? Not everyone is like Cal Ripken.

And if you are taking more balls off the body than them, you should find a new position.

have you ever played softball at all? have you ever played the infield during softball at all. When a guy that is pitching groove ball to a guy that can hit a ball 400ft. The fields are all torn up, you get bad hops all the time.. i haven't agreed with one thing you have ever said, please don't talk to me anymore. or respond to anything i write.

have you ever played softball at all? have you ever played the infield during softball at all. When a guy that is pitching groove ball to a guy that can hit a ball 400ft. The fields are all torn up, you get bad hops all the time.. i haven't agreed with one thing you have ever said, please don't talk to me anymore. or respond to anything i write.

Yes I play SS and I am good. I get hit from time to time but comparing that to a major league game and the rockets they get is pretty funny. I won't talk to you because you are write and need a new sport to play so you dont get hurt.

I am only 22 and there were years that I have played softball 3 nights a week, or more if we had a tournament on the weekend. You play for maybe 2 months as opposed to major leaguers who play 8 months. Comparing city league softball to major leauge baseball is a joke. The last time I got hit with a ball was while running on the bases from a bad throw by the other team.

I think you should tell your softball/baseball/tennis/triathalon coaches that you could use a day off...you seem to be slightly fatigued, and pressing in your posts.

---------------------

I have never heard so much complaining and pessimism before. Maybe it's a little too early for some people. It sounds more like a Chicago fanboard than anything.

Prince should get a day off every now and then. Remember, we are in the middle of eighteen games in seventeen days. Most of us don't work nearly three straight weeks without a day or two off on the weekends.

Quote:
Since when is being young translate to needing days off? I thought old guys needed days off. Yost apologists are unbelievable. The lead is evaporating. Our best players are sitting. We have been struggling on offense. And the two sure things in the lineup have now sat in back to back games. Give me a break, the pathetic defense of Ned is just a joke.

Young players haven't been through a full major league season before. They tend to wear down their first season because of this. I find it absolutely absurd that you would post something like this when Fielder takes off his 3rd day of the season. He's 17th in the NL in plate apperances with almost everyone ahead of him being a #1 or #2 hitter. That is not having "too much time off".

Braun had only sat 1 game since he came up too. This is not too much time off. Guys like Hardy and Hart are sitting more often because they aren't playing well more than anything.

Quote:
can't believe some fools actually think sitting Prince in this situation is a good move.

I see you've been a member of this board for a grand total of about 10 minutes--Welcome! Way to make yourself comfortable. Forgive us for not flying off the handle when someone gets a day off and enjoy your time here where I'm sure you'll make many more great contributions like this one.

OK--I'm done with the chippiness of today's IGT. I'M OUT!

Hart has dropped all the way down to .280.

Weeks down to .216.

Hardy fallen all the way to .263

Graffy at .241.

So, I guess Butch Wynegar might not be the reason that our offense sucked so bad last year?

I just got off of work cause of the rain and junk, and come to find the Crew already down 1-0. Bummer.

As for Prince not starting, yes the guy needs a day off here and there, I can't argue that.

But we finally got Hall back yesterday and now both days we have yet to see our "best lineup" out there. Somewhat frustrating, but oh well.

Looks like Bush has been decent so far.

all i'm saying is that sure guys need days off. but not when you really need a win. and don't discount players just because they aren't pro. there are guys that I know that play more than you would think. and travel by car to get around the US.

Right now, Weeks is just a black hole where hits disappear. He looks awful.

Talk about someone I'd love to package away in a trade. I'm sick of this kid. Get someone in there who can hit. For god sakes, a Luis Castillo-type 2B who can hit you .300 and steal some bases...wouldn't that be nice?

Archived