Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Yes. I think it describes the situation perfectly.

Okay I can't remember his name (Piggy maybe?) but I call being the fat kid that tries to stop the fighting but gets crushed by a rock.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Shocking to think that people would be venting in the IGT after a gut-wrenching loss. Just shocking.

C'est la vie. At this point, I'd almost rather (temporarily) cede first place to the Cubs. Playing with a target on their back seems to be wearing the young Brewers down (or at least their fans). Playing the Hunter instead of the Hunted might make for a nice change of pace.

Which is my long-winded way of saying, I'm not going to agonize over this. Lots of season left, and it will be very interesting to see how this team finishes out, whatever happens.

[ Shocking to think that people would be venting in the IGT after a gut-wrenching loss. Just shocking. ]

I expect people to vent. I expect people not to break the site's rules because the Brewers lost.

[ C'est la vie. At this point, I'd almost rather (temporarily) cede first place to the Cubs. Playing with a target on their back seems to be wearing the young Brewers down (or at least their fans). Playing the Hunter instead of the Hunted might make for a nice change of pace. ]

There's always the WC. Seriously, if the Cubs for some reason happen to play insane-o baseball the rest of the way out, they deserve to win the division. I don't think they will, but all the Brewers have to worry about is winning enough games to at least take the WC. I'd rather have a pennant, but if someone sacrificed a goat on the north side of Chicago, there's nothing the Brewers can do to stop it.

[ Which is my long-winded way of saying, I'm not going to agonize over this. Lots of season left, and it will be very interesting to see how this team finishes out, whatever happens. ]

I agree... We've still got time to see more serieses being won, and more being lost. It's just a matter of who ends up being hotter for the longer period.

Quote:
Even if i am the only one and shaking and repeating to myself " its still good" " its still good"

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian. She takes the pig away and rolls it down the hill, Homer and Bart go after it, it goes into the river Homer says It's just a little wet, it's still good, it's still good! Then it goes flying through the air "It's just a little airborne it's still good, it's still good! And then Bart says it's gone and Homer says I know.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It's just a little airborne!

No, really, this is nerve wracking for many of us. I won't speak for all staff, but it definitely is for me. There's venting, and there's sniping at each other. Please avoid the latter.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian. She takes the pig away and rolls it down the hill, Homer and Bart go after it, it goes into the river Homer says It's just a little wet, it's still good, it's still good! Then it goes flying through the air "It's just a little airborne it's still good, it's still good! And then Bart says it's gone and Homer says I know.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

ha thats where i took it from

Quote:
I'm not saying people should put their Brewer goggles on, but to extrapolate and say that they know how the season is going to end 60 games away from it to me seems premature.

this was another tough loss and with the way the cubs are playing it would be easy to give up, but we are getting linebrink tomorrow, we have 5 days to make another trade, and we are still 1.5 games up. A split in st louis and a good homestand and we are back on track.

Quote:
Does your son happen to be Balthazar Getty?

I remember watching Lord of the Flies my sophomore year in English. My teacher had an unhealthy obsession with Balthazar Getty.

Now the cubs are the best? Wow, talk about riding a winning high right now.

That's coming from the guy who said earlier in the year that Suppan and Cappy are the Brewer aces. He's a typical, "what have you done for me lately" fan. Brewerfan.net has gotten a lot of that this year.

This is why I said I think I need a weekend off. I'm not sure I'll take it, but stepping away even for a little while this afternoon helped me vent without taking it out on anyone here...or anyone else, for that matter.

Reality: We're not going to stay in first place unless we start playing better baseball. But the Cubs would eventually take over first place no matter what if they keep playing like they are.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I just woke up from my late afternoon nap, only to find out today's loss actually happened and that it wasn't a bad dream.

Let's say the Brewers do happen to fall out of 1st place, is there anything really wrong with being more involved in the WC chase than for the division? I mean really, we haven't had a "good" team in years and years and I think atleast having a winning record is a step in the right direction, it doesn't have to be the playoffs right away, though I hope it will be.

Oh well, there's always the chance we get out of this funk and our pitching and hitting combine on certain nights to be as dominant as they were in April and early May.

All in all, I think this stretch of games since the ASG has proven that it's just not as easy as we were hoping it would be to win the division this year.

When is Woogie due back? I think he should try as hard as he can to get his IGT's up again.

I would hope that the people that have filled in would take no offense, as at least someone is creating one. There's only one problem though:

The Brewers don't do very well.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived