Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing

Crappy play before the all-star break against teams we shoulda beat up, a disappointing 6-4 homestand with a bunch of squeaker wins, and now a 3-1 series loss at the Reds.

PUKE.

Keep squandering that lead, boys.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds trivial now that the game's over, but the only reason it gets to extras is for the diving play Encarnacion makes on Miller's groundball in the 8th with Hall at 3rd and 2 out.

The ball Braun didn't field cleanly was a much easier play - Dunn would have remained at 2nd, 2 would be out and that hit Valentin had probably wouldn't have been able to score Dunn

Hindsight's always 20/20 - the fact is their offense needs to start putting together big innings every now and then.

----------------

Quote:
By Sunday, we'll be looking up at the Cubs in 1st place.

Book it.

and you'll finally be happy, 2 months after you started posting this all the time we are down to a 1.5 game lead.

So the team is an inning away from splitting the series, and his all-star closer gives up the lead and loses it in extras. Not to mention, his hottest hitter hit into two DPs late in the game with RISP and it's Ned's fault?

Linebrink was actually demoted in San Diego the day he was traded, but he might get a chance to close with Coco out for sure tomorrow. Ned clearly chose this series to get some rest for his young guys and it backfired. Not to say they would've won with them, we'll never know. Those Cincy guys must be really tired though as they played every game. Rest them against the Cubs? It'll be intersting to see if Cubs can hit the great Cincy staff better than we did.

and you'll finally be happy, 2 months after you started posting this all the time we are down to a 1.5 game lead.

Yes. Because I hate the Brewers. Does reality hurt that much? Can't you take the goggles off and look at things realistically? Cubs are the best team in baseball and we're far from it. Me saying we'll be out of first place in 3 days isn't that much of a stretch.

It's always Ned's fault. The other day we should have brought Coco in. This time he was in and its still his fault. It's still July and I am not going to get worked up yet. I hate losing any game but it's so early and everyone is living off the cubs high and the brewers low right now. Things will settle down soon, I promise.

Something tells me you're forgetting about the division leaders in every other division in baseball, plus the Indians.

Uh, no. I'm not talking about the best record. I'm talking about who's playing the best over the last stretch of about 30 games or so. If one does the research, it will be the Cubs easily.

Yes. Because I hate the Brewers. Does reality hurt that much? Can't you take the goggles off and look at things realistically? Cubs are the best team in baseball and we're far from it. Me saying we'll be out of first place in 3 days isn't that much of a stretch.

Take a look and you will see if the Cubs keep this 700+ winning Pct up all season. By they way cub fan, dont think Marquis and Lilly are going to keep the magic act up all season.

Now the cubs are the best? Wow, talk about riding a winning high right now. I think they are flawed much like most teams in baseball for that matter. Whether it goes down to a game tonight or not I would think that we can still hold it down for a bit. They will go on a steak and things will settle down soon. And the cubs will cool way down as well. But when the brewers lose things go completely crazy around here and there is someone new to blame.

Uh, no. I'm not talking about the best record. I'm talking about who's playing the best over the last stretch of about 30 games or so. If one does the research, it will be the Cubs easily.

well, if one does more research, no matter what the Cubs do tonight in STL, they'll still be in 2nd place, because the Brewers will have been the "hotter" team over the last stretch of this season. People like you who have been proclaiming that the Brewers will eventually lose their lead in the division forget that even if they do, there's still 2 months of baseball left to be played.

funny how you show up in full force every time the Brewers lose.

In the last 30 games the Cubs are 21-9, Brewers are 16-14 (not including today). The only other team better than the Brewers in the NL have been the Mets at 19-11.

Not that it means the Cubs are the best team in baseball, they are winning a lot of close games and everything is bouncing their way (I know I've been watching all of their games). The Cubs could easily play sub .500 ball the rest of the way though, the last 30 games do not define a team.

It just gets very old seeing you post this same thing every single time we lose, you are almost giddy that they are finally ready to pass us to prove you right.

my god is it negative here, don't even want to read through this thread. Then the team is going to come home and take most of the games and everyone is going to be up again. I never saw people give up on the season with a 1.5 game lead. I had a guy at work even say he doesn't care anymore and let the cubs get first place and he is a big brewer fan. lets wake up people.

my god is it negative here

I guess all it takes is a hurtfully realistic post by me to get things off and poppin' on this board. If you happen to go back a few pages, you'll see I'm just one of several posters who believes this divisional lead will be relinquished by Sunday or Monday. Yet everyone jumps on me....funny huh?

I'm sure all we'll hear this weekend is asinine comments from ESPN about how great it is to have the wonderful Cubbies playing so well. (Vomit)

Then the Cards will win 3 of 4, with our bullpen blowing a couple games, all the while the Reds go back to being the worst team in the NL vs the lovable Cubs. (Vomit)

Should make for a great weekend of baseball.

I don't care who's at fault for these losses. I just want them to stop, PLEASE.

Let's consider the FACTS/TRUTHS

The Cubs are playing great baseball.

The Brewers lead is shrinking.

The baseball season has over 2 full months remaining.

There is a substantial amount of baseball to play.

That being said...

We need a few things to change (that could be a fact) if we wish to win the division:

A) Stop worrying about the Cubs

B) Some production from guys who are not producing--Rickie, Billy, Suppan in particular.

C) No offense to his majesty, but he needs to rip the jester hat off and start hitting like a prince. He's been OK, but we won't the division with him being OK. Sad but true.

I am looking forward to enjoying this pennant race and other the occassional rant about the incredible # of popups and K's this team registers, I am going to relish every minute of this JOURNEY. You can't get to October from April without traveling through June, July, August, and September.

And to the condescending, yeah water is wet...that's productive discussion. (almost as productive as reminding us of how you right you were three days ago)

Archived