Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing
Way to fail to conquer the triangle, Brandon. Please do not try again next time. A weak tapper to Braun would suffice.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ I'd imagine he was referring to runner on third and less than 2 outs recently. We've been putrid in those situations. Especially late in games. Also tied or down 1 with a chance to get the defining run, we've choked. There's no split for the latter because close and late include up 1 to 3, which is not nearly as important of a situation to score runs in. ]

Yeah, I can't find splits for that.... But with the best OPS in the NL with bases loaded, I don't think it's as bad as we think.

Quote:
I'd imagine he was referring to runner on third and less than 2 outs recently. We've been putrid in those situations. Especially late in games. Also tied or down 1 with a chance to get the defining run, we've choked. There's no split for the latter because close and late include up 1 to 3, which is not nearly as important of a situation to score runs in.

I'd agree with that. I mean, was anyone really surprised that we didn't come through there with less than 2 outs?

We have some very good hitters on our team, but do we really have any CLUTCH hitters? I mean, someone you see up there with a runner on 3rd and just know he's going to come through?

Pleeeease let this be a sign that Hall will be the hitter he was becoming right before his injury. Please.

Runner in scoring position and no one out. Must get him home.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Couldn't see because I'm at work, but does Todd Coffey still sprint into the game from the bullpen? I have always loved that, he gets all jacked to get in, it makes me feel like he truly loves/appreciates what he does.

Archived