Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhh, I can't take it anymore. Hard to fault Braun considering he was already 3 for 3, his quota was met for the day, but why does it seem like it's so incredibly rare to "get it done" in situations like these??
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
Braun the anti-clutch.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I know the stats don't back me up on this, but I've thought that, too. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

"You would have to think we have the advantage here comparing bullpens on the season but somehow I don't feel good about it. "

The Reds have three more at bats and the Brewers have two. I wouldn't think we have the advantage.

That's why we're going to struggle down the stretch unless we acquire more veterans with experience. Braun seems like a world beater when the pressure is lower, but if there's a chance at a defining moment, he can't execute. I'm sure that's a problem which will be rectified in a year or two, and he'll be an all around great hitter, but it won't translate this year. If he finds those situations too pressure packed what about the AB which could send us to the playoffs or the world series.

Quote:
I'm not sure how to find the exact splits you want, but the Brewers have the best OPS in the NL with bases loaded.

I'd imagine he was referring to runner on third and less than 2 outs recently. We've been putrid in those situations. Especially late in games. Also tied or down 1 with a chance to get the defining run, we've choked. There's no split for the latter because close and late include up 1 to 3, which is not nearly as important of a situation to score runs in.

Reds announcer said it was "flip a coin" day since the strike zone has been so sparatic. I don't remember our guys have ripping into an ump like that.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived