Brewer Fanatic

7/26/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Livingston) 11:35 AM CDT

hawing

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to post a picture to continue the trend. Sorry. But I just wanted to say that I'm excited for the game today. It's a big game to get out of Cincy with a split. Then have Yo, Parra, Cappy, and Vargas against the Cards this weekend.

So...according to people around here..this is the..um 6th week in a row? that that Cubs will be in first "by the end of the week." It hasn't happened yet and won't happen this week.

I'm so glad that nobody around here is in the coaching/managing profession because they would never survive getting so worked up over bad stretches.

It's a long season. Just like we knew they wouldn't play at a 24-10 pace all year. I'm convinced they won't play at the 13-14 clip they've played since June 23rd all year either. Probably somewhere in the middle.

They've been playing without Bill Hall, which is forching Menchkins to be Jenkins (against Lefties) and Mench (against Righties). Hardy and Hart (both playing their first full season) have hit a little bit of a lull. Weeks is just now getting back healthy from his wrist injury. Suppan has pitched as bad as he can possibly pitch. All these things said, the Brewers are 11 games over .500 and in 1st place on July 26th.

Enjoy the young (albeit inconsistent) and exciting (albeit frustrating at times) team.

Remember, if the Cubs do happen to catch the Brewers at some point.....

They'll have to hold them off until the bitter end because this Brewers team will not go away.

C'Mon Dave Bush. Get a much needed win.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Please Dave, be the good Bush today. And Ned, please play our A+ lineup

I'm not really sure there's been a bad Dave Bush since May. His last 10 starts:

7 innings, 1 Run

6 innings, 4 runs

5 innings, 3 runs

6.1 innings, 2 runs

7 innings, 1 run

6 innings, 4 runs

7 innings, 1 run

6 innings, 3 runs

6 innings, 3 runs

Good for a 5-3 record.

As for the lineup. Counsell/Graffanino for Hardy and Jenkins/Mench for Hart really isn't a "downgrade" with the way Hardy and Hart have played lately (like the last 6 weeks--both have batting avg's below .200), but that being said I'd like to see the them both in the lineup today with Braun, Prince, Hall, Estrada, etc and get back on track heading into St. Louis.

Quote:
2B Rickie Weeks

SS J.J. Hardy

3B Ryan Braun

CF Bill Hall

LF Kevin Mench

RF Corey Hart

1B Tony Graffanino

C Damian Miller

RHP Dave Bush

Like the lineup if Prince was playing instead of Graffy. It's pretty evident that Ned is worried about the kids wearing out during this 18 games in 17 days streatch (and specifically wants everyone fresh heading into St. Louis for 5 games in 4 days).

Hopefully that lineup with all the regulars, minus prince, can score enough runs to get out of Cincy with a split.

I think a lot of our players are worn out and I know someone will come and say but winning teams don't rest their players etc etc. Young players tend to wear down as the year goes on, especially guys who have never played a full season in the majors which is almost our entire team.

It looks to me that Ned is 'saving' Estrada for one of the games on Saturday.

mikerollins, "according to people around here" and "I'm so glad that nobody around here is in the coaching/managing profession" lean toward the condescension category.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Prince needs a day off and with a lefty good move.

Teams should be pretty set here to go on a little run guys rested, rotation in good shape and added help to the pen.

Time to take the wind out the Cubs ans Cub fans sails.

Quote:
I think a lot of our players are worn out and I know someone will come and say but winning teams don't rest their players etc etc. Young players tend to wear down as the year goes on, especially guys who have never played a full season in the majors which is almost our entire team.

That's an excellent point. As fans we want the top lineup out there for 162 games. Even though this is only the 3rd game all year that Prince hasn't been in the lineup, each time it happens it seems tough.

Ned has the long-term interest of this young team in mind. Luckily, he's able to be firm in his beliefs about resting those guys occasionally, because for me, it would have been real hard to not put Prince in the lineup today regardless.

I'm ok with Weeks in leadoff today. I know it's small samples, but since Weeks has come back healthy (July 13th) his OBP is .364 Corey Hart's over that same time is .245. Furthermore, expanding Corey's out to July 1, Hart's OBP is only .235 All in all, I'm cool with this lineup.

Quote:
I'm ok with Weeks in leadoff today. I know it's small samples, but since Weeks has come back healthy (July 13th) his OBP is .364 Corey Hart's over that same time is .245. Furthermore, expanding Corey's out to July 1, Hart's OBP is only .235 All in all, I'm cool with this lineup.

Glad you did the work because I was just about to look up those numbers. I'm fine with Weeks leading off today as well.

From the last few games I've seen, Rickie looks like he's got a much better approach at the plate. It doesn't look like he's flailing at pitches. So, I'm OK with him leading off. I am hoping this game goes well for the Crew. I'm interested to see Hall in the cleanup spot.

Prince does not need a day off.

Please. The guy is 6 for his last 16 and one of the only guys in the lineup who is hitting at all. Yost is out of his mind sitting Braun and Fielder in back to back games while his lead is vanishing.

Does Piniella give Lee or Ramirez or Soriano days off?

Did Harvey Kuenn give Yount or Cooper or Molitor days off?

Answer: No.

Archived