Brewer Fanatic

The Show '08

Chkyhks2and0

Update: 40 games in and Hammer (the Brewers new catcher) has 22 homers. I'd say that I have found my groove http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Braun has 12 homers, Prince has 13 and Rickie has 14. Not a bad top four of the line-up...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Show kinda does have that this season -- the breaking pitches show you a path of arrows indicating the break direction & appx. amount. Depending on the pitch & where you move the cursor, the 'break path' of arrows shrinks or grows. So, on a curve, the lower you target the pitch, the more it will break, for example. Is that what you basically mean with 'break point'?

Some what I know the Show has something similar but it isn't the same. You put the cursor in a spot lets say just a little bit away from the middle of the plate. With a right handed pitcher and you select a slider the ball will break at the point you put the cursor at and depending on the ratings for the slider your pitcher has it will either hit the corner or go off the plate.

I love using the break point option they have since it makes me think when I'm pitching compared to just put the cursor there and that is where the ball will end up.

I love using the break point option they have since it makes me think when I'm pitching compared to just put the cursor there and that is where the ball will end up.

I hear ya -- the pitching control in the The Show '08 is really neat, though, since imo it's the least dependable to date. I mean that as a good thing, bc it gets old being able to perfectly locate your pitches with a scrub P. I think the pitching in '08 is noticeably tougher, and the gameplay is vastly improved due to this.

I can go out & get my butt kicked 11-4, or win 7-0. I like that uncertainty & competitiveness.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I can go out & get my butt kicked 11-4, or win 7-0. I like that uncertainty & competitiveness.

I had a game a couple days ago in 2K8 where I won 1-0 in bottom of the ninth with a home run by Prince against the Cubs Kerry Wood was pitching. There are some pitchers in 2K8 where I can't hit them no matter what and Zambrano is one of them but lucky me I can make Sheets dominant and K about 8-12 guys a game. If you crank up the difficulty in the 2K8 series it is about as tough as the Show.

I don't know if the infielders have extremely powerful arms or the baserunners in general are just slow, but I can't even count how many times I'm thrown out by 5-6 steps on a grounder to the hole at short, or where the 3Bman has to dive toward the line and throw from his knees. Sometimes if I have to bat with Gathright (yeah, I'm the Royals) I want to bunt, and even if it's laid down perfectly down the line there's a pretty good chance he's thrown out. I've even watched the replays to see if the 3Bman was drawn in and he isn't on some of them where he's thrown out, so I don't think it's that.

I'd encourage everyone to attempt to trade for Joba Chamberlain. I faced NYY in the playoffs and he made me look like a fool. 97 MPH 2 seamer, what the heck is that?

I don't know if the infielders have extremely powerful arms or the baserunners in general are just slow, but I can't even count how many times I'm thrown out by 5-6 steps on a grounder to the hole at short, or where the 3Bman has to dive toward the line and throw from his knees. Sometimes if I have to bat with Gathright (yeah, I'm the Royals) I want to bunt, and even if it's laid down perfectly down the line there's a pretty good chance he's thrown out. I've even watched the replays to see if the 3Bman was drawn in and he isn't on some of them where he's thrown out, so I don't think it's that.

I'd encourage everyone to attempt to trade for Joba Chamberlain. I faced NYY in the playoffs and he made me look like a fool. 97 MPH 2 seamer, what the heck is that?

Everyone has rocket arms in this game except for user controlled outfielders, it seems. LOL

I just had the most exciting game of my season against Baltimore. It was a duel between Dave Bush and Matt Albers. 2-2 in the 7th inning I had the infield in because there were runners on first and third, a ball was hit directly to Craig Counsell who was playing third, Counsell bobbled the ball and it rolled into foul territory, allowing the run from third to score. I was down 3-2 going into the 7th inning when with a runner on second Tike Redman stole a potential HR by Mike Rivera. The runner moved to third and later scored on a wild pitch. The score was 3-3 after the 9th inning. I had Manny Parra on the mound cruising along until the 12th inning when he gave up a 2-run HR to Melvin Mora. Fast forward to the bottom of the 12th, George Sherrill is on the mound. Rivera doubled, moved to third on a PH flyout by Hall. Weeks singled Rivera home. Graffanino PH'ing for Counsell grounded to first, moving Weeks to third (I'd stolen second). That brought up Braun, who with a 1-2 count on a fastball in the top right portion of the strike zone served the ball to right field and eek'ed it over the wall into the visiting bullpen. That was a pretty awesome ending. Drama, drama, drama. :D
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting sick of CONSTANT freezing on their game? Sheesh! It happens most when you hit a homer although if you are bad w/ money like I am it will happen at the banking screen as well. BUMMER!

It happens to me a lot of home runs, too. It's not really a freeze, though. Everything else is going, and you can hit START and go to the menu and stuff, but since it's the middle of the play you can't do anything in the menu. Basically the guy hits a homer, and he just stands there at home plate. Is that the one you're referring to Hammer?

I think it's something that happens when you get further along in Franchise Mode. I was in my 8th or 9th year when it started getting really bad.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I'm playing on PS2 and in my first franchise year...and yes, the home run with the batter just staying in the box is the one that I'm referring to. I emailed SONY and will let y'all know what they say.

Archived