Brewer Fanatic

The Show '08

Chkyhks2and0
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still striking out too much. However on my first game on line I played the Brewers (of course), and my opponent played the BoSox. You could tell that both of us were fairly new to the game. Cameron gave my a 1 run lead going into the 6th, then "Big Poppi" gave him a 2 run lead with a 3 run bomb. In the top on the 9th Bill Hall hit a 2 run shot to tie the game and go into extra innings. Top of 10 Cameron goes yard again to put me up by one, and then Gagne comes in to close the door, and I go home happy. I really got caught up in the game, my only complaint is there was some pauses when I was right in the middle of the pitching so some pitches were way off.

Thought I'd jump in on this thread.

I love the game. I wish I had more time to play it.

Quick question: is the entire 40 man included? I can't say for certain, but I don't remember Lou or Hernan being in the game. I'm just curious if anyone knows offhand.

Also, how's everyone doing on RTTS? I'm taking a CF and I can't seem to find a good strategy to beef my character's attributes up. Are there some that weigh more in terms of overall? I've read that getting your durability up is a must. Basically I'd like to make the Bigs without playing 100 minor league games. It's fun, but my attention span is small.

Just bought '08, and went to the web site to get my free hat. The first team to sell out? The Brewers! Either they have a lot of fans who play the game, or they don't get many because Milwaukee is a small market.
Have not purchased this game yet. However, we usually get this game for our son for his birthday each year, or he buys it himself. We have never been able to get a Brewers hat. I think we have a Red Sox and a Mariners hat that he will never wear. I'm wondering if they even make Brewers hats.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Thought I'd jump in on this thread.

I love the game. I wish I had more time to play it.

Quick question: is the entire 40 man included? I can't say for certain, but I don't remember Lou or Hernan being in the game. I'm just curious if anyone knows offhand.

Also, how's everyone doing on RTTS? I'm taking a CF and I can't seem to find a good strategy to beef my character's attributes up. Are there some that weigh more in terms of overall? I've read that getting your durability up is a must. Basically I'd like to make the Bigs without playing 100 minor league games. It's fun, but my attention span is small.

I also made a CF, and I can tell you that it's incredibly difficult to get promoted. When I initially created my guy, I maxed out his speed (need the IF hits), power and contact (it only lets you get to a certain level and then you can't put any more points there) and then just kinda spread the rest out evenly (there weren't many left). After the season starts, you pretty much have to put the points on the goals the team gives you or you have zero chance of promotion. I was sick when it came out, so I had a ton of time to play it. I'm still on rookie mode, as I wanted to get my player somewhat decent before trying the better levels. I've played every AB for my guy, no simulating everything...

I'm at around .420, 13 HR's, 55 RBI's, 50+ runs and 66 steals, 40 2Bs and a starting slot in the AS game.....would be more but I didn't start for the first 3 weeks....

I've done all that, and hit just about every one of my goals, made the all star team, and I still can't get promoted. I have about 2 weeks worth of games left, so hopefully at the end of the year. When I have extra points, I put them almost all in power or speed, as the offense gets you the most training points. The game is just kinda moving along until you get to the bigs. I don't think I've put any, or very few points into Durability, but maybe I've just been lucky with injuries.

The problem with the RTTS is that you are required to do the attributes that the coach wants you to fill, generally your fielding, throwing etc. This would be fine but with the way points are given out and taken away during a game you only make about 30-50 on average per game, if you are good. Each upgrade cost 40 and it takes about 160 to get it up high enough to meet the requirements. So after the two three weeks are up you pretty much used all the games to get the two or three requirements up to par. Well the problem is that since you spent all your points on the required areas you are unable to upgrade areas like power or speed.

The problem with the RTTS is that you are required to do the attributes that the coach wants you to fill, generally your fielding, throwing etc. This would be fine but with the way points are given out and taken away during a game you only make about 30-50 on average per game, if you are good. Each upgrade cost 40 and it takes about 160 to get it up high enough to meet the requirements. So after the two three weeks are up you pretty much used all the games to get the two or three requirements up to par. Well the problem is that since you spent all your points on the required areas you are unable to upgrade areas like power or speed.
I was thinking the same thing last night as I was playing. I created a Catcher and he's doing pretty well so far, but I haven't been able to work on his power yet and it's getting really annoying. I also have had problems getting my player on the League Leaders for BA and SLG and the like. I remember having this same problem last year, and even if I would have 200 ABs and there would be guys on there with 150 ABs, it still wouldn't include me. Anyone else have this problem?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

It sucks because you spend all your points on fielding and then your power and hitting drops. I have been in the Brewers minor league system 3 times, having been traded twice in my 6 year career(i sim some), maybe i should take the hint. I got the call up in my second year, batted .350 in 10 games and got sent down to AAA and dropped to AA at the end of the year.

Last year my guy was hitting about .375 in AAA and was a 30-30 guy...and they sent me down to AA. Sometimes the game just does stupid stuff like that. When I finally made it to the majors, I would complain all the time about my playing time, and the manager would say: "(insert name) has been hitting really well lately, so we're going to keep him starting for now." Even though (insert name) would be batting .220.

I stuck it to 'em that year though. When I went down to AA i hit 13 HRs in my first 22 at-bats. I was batting over .800. It was basically about what Prince would do right now in rookie ball.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Getting called up or sent down seems to have little to do with actual production. You could bat .200 but get the call-up if your overall attribute bar is greater than that of the guys in front of you. That's why I wondered if there were some attributes that mattered more when it comes to bumping that overall bar. Like I said, I've read that durability matters a lot if you want to get called up. I'm gonna give that a shot tonight after work.

The Show apparently really tried to incorporate the entire game atmosphere this year. Not only did the Cubs fans throw my home run back, but later in the game a beach ball came on the field and Corey Hart had to carry it off. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I have seen the homerun balls at Wrigley thrown back on the field but haven't seen the beach ball yet.

I went onto the site to receive my Brewers hat, so there is one and it said it should be to my house in 4-6 weeks or something like that.

The Show apparently really tried to incorporate the entire game atmosphere this year. Not only did the Cubs fans throw my home run back, but later in the game a beach ball came on the field and Corey Hart had to carry it off.

Do you have ps2 or ps3? I have the ps2 version and haevn't seen the beach ball yet, but that's pretty cool.

The Show apparently really tried to incorporate the entire game atmosphere this year. Not only did the Cubs fans throw my home run back, but later in the game a beach ball came on the field and Corey Hart had to carry it off.

Do you have ps2 or ps3? I have the ps2 version and haevn't seen the beach ball yet, but that's pretty cool.

I have PS3.

When Vasgersian was like "and we have a break in the action now as a beach ball has come on the field" I was like "LOL, what?" and as I watched Corey Hart attempt to pick up the beach ball and carry it off the field I couldn't help but laugh.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The ball thing happened again and I thought quickly enough to get my camera phone and take a picture of it for LOL's.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/lolball.jpg

In the game this pic is from Gallardo was owning the Cubs (he had outscored them 2 RBI to 1 as well, LOL) when he grabbed his elbow and had to come out of the game. I was afraid it was time for Claudio to come up and pound that meat, but Gallardo is only out a few days, thankfully.

Nice reflexes, blingster! It's really cool to see that... sounds like there are some nice nuances/touches for '08.

EDIT: Just saw the The Show '08 commercial where Ryan Howard is talking about how he 'used to hit rocks over a creek in his backyard'... Prince gets one of the game shots used in the clip montage for the 2d half of the commercial. It's pretty much right away, and fleeting, but I couldn't even tell you if I ever could have envisioned a Brewers player in a video game commercial.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

is it just me, but when the manager tells you not to strike out it seems like the computer makes it overly hard not to. What i mean is, even if the pitch is down the middle and i guess right and swing right i will foul it off or miss all together.

My other complaint is that the computer is able to get to everything it seems, 90% of flyballs are caught and pretty much every grounder is too. I should adjust the sliders a bit now that i think of it.

The fielding by the computer does get a bit old. I can't for the life of me get a ground ball down the baselines, they field 95% of the balls right down the line, even the hard ones. That just doesn't happen. Same with the outfielders, they seem to be able to cover WAY too much ground, as they run down most everything down the line, and when they don't, they would throw me out at second if i didn't have speed maxed out.

Other than that, I don't have too many complaints with the actual gameplay.

I just wanted to say that I have been playing this game non-stop on my PS3http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Like the RTTS mode as I am waiting for the opening day rosters before I start a franchise. Anyway I was a catcher with the Brewers untill I got traded to the phillies. I was down in huntsville batting around .300 and 10hrs and about 50 rbi's at the all-star break then I got traded http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif. Anyway did anyone notice that even though they have the base coaches in there, sveum and yost they don't have ed sedar as the first base coach.

Go brewers

Archived