Brewer Fanatic

The Show '08

Chkyhks2and0

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really depends on what place you get it from. GameStop by my house told me they'd have it when they open. I probably will go pick up my copy in a bit. I am interested to see how good Braun, etc. are and if I have to make all of the defensive changes with Braun to LF, Hall to 3B.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

the one thing i hate about the show is that i can't play a season and update rosters for the teams controlled by the cpu as was allowed in mvp. i usually play a 162 game season and try to keep every teams rosters accurate. i have never been a franchise guy since rosters get too unrealistic and i never finish season 1 anyway. the road to the show may be fun. i'd create a brewer farm hand and see try to get him to progress.

I will be getting mine in 3 hours when I am done teaching the little ones...Ive played the demo...seen good things. I will probably jump right into online play. Im sure this will take away from my Call of Duty and Madden time...amongst other things.

I need some feedback here. I am saving up for a nextgen system (I guess it's now "thisgen" huh?), but I likely won't have enough saved up for about two months. Do I pick up the game for PS2 or wait until I get a new system?

I'm leaning towards waiting, since that would only delay the purchase of my new system even further, but it will stink to not have the game for awhile.

I'll probably stop in a few places around noon just to see if they have it.

Anyone have any plans for their "Road to the Show"? Or are we a franchise crowd? I had a good time last year with Road to the Show so will probably make a new character....on PS3 this time!

I don't know why, but I just read that entire thing on my lunch. It was one part anxiousness to get the new game, and another part a well-written story that pointed out some of the obvious flaws of the game.

Anyone know if the problems with minor leagues are fixed this year? Do players actually have a certain amount of options and send-downs and call-ups more realistic? There were just some weird guys sent down to AAA in last year's game, and it got really annoying.

As for your question, I usually start out a franchise just to get a feel for the game since there's inevitably a new hitting technique or something every year. In a few weeks I get sick of it and start my Road to the Show. That was a pretty cool feature, it was just a little annoying how big the gap was in difficulty between the highest difficulty level and the 2nd highest. I was either a .220 hitter or a .370 hitter with 60 homers.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Best Buy in Brookfield had it around noon, though they didn't put it on the shelf yet when I was there. I had to ask someone I know that works there (I used to work there) and he went in the back and got it for me. I'm not sure what the deal is, but they will sell them to you if you ask for them.

Best Buy in Brookfield had it around noon, though they didn't put it on the shelf yet when I was there. I had to ask someone I know that works there (I used to work there) and he went in the back and got it for me. I'm not sure what the deal is, but they will sell them to you if you ask for them.

How long ago did you work there?

I got it this morning when GameStop opened up. The graphics and player movements are improved from last year. I haven't started the RTTS yet. Braun's batting stance looks really goofy. I am trying to find another one that looks more like him. Other than that, the game looks great.

you gave it only 2 games? maybe you gave up 45 runs in rookie because you weren't used to the controls or something? but unless you think it is a glitch, shouldn't you give it more of a chance than 2 games? Aren't there sliders on these games anymore to adjust stuff to your own liking?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What is the PS2 version like? Is it worth getting? The vibe I was getting is that it's basically just a roster update for the 07 game.

Are the catchers ratings still ridiculously high? Last year, Mike Rivera was one of the top-rated guys on the team.

The new pitching system is way to sensitive, every pitch ended up being a meat pitch even if i moved the analog stick slow as possible. Derek Lee hit 7 homers in the game (can't have the cubs look good and keep the game) Game also froze twice when going online.

Archived