Brewer Fanatic

7/25/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Reds (Lohse) 6:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I think the big question is who is more pathetic tonight - our offense or Suppan?

The offense. At least Cincy is a decent hitting team, so I expect them to score runs from time to time.

I cannot, however, imagine Chicago getting 2-hit through 5+ innings against Lohse.

I think we need to at least entertain the notion that Ned got completely bombed last night, and in his drunken stupor, decided it would be a good time to put the lineup card together.

He woke up with a pounding headache in the morning, rushed out of the hotel, grabbed the lineup card, and got to the stadium.

Then as he handed it to the umpire, the awful realization came over him that he didn't have a clue who was on it or where they were hitting.

maybe instead of starting these crap lineups on the road we should just forfeit the game. That way everyone could get their much needed beauty rest. Does anyone here think ned would outright forfeit a game for rest?

I am utterly confused right now. We were doing so well in the beginning of the season, with timely hitting and now Yost decides to pull a "Doc Rivers" and gives us a forfeit starting lineup every game? Yost is like the white Doc Rivers, where he decides to play Russian roullette with his starting lineup.

Is Yost this clueless? Is Melvin this clueless?

Here are some stats I dug up:

We are 18th in the Majors in both batting average AND OBP with .262 and .329 respectively.

For the NL, we are 8th in those two categories. Somehow we are 3rd in OPS. What exactly does this mean? We don't get on base enough, but we continue to squander runners in scoring position?

We need an offensive lineup that can exactly work. Since the start of the second half after the all-star break, these are our averages:

Runs scored per game: 3.6

Runs allowed per game: 4.25

One of the reasons I believe Prince Fielder has cooled off considerably with home runs is Yost continues to lame-brain Estrada in the five hole. Fielder's batting average has dropped .16 points since the all-star break.

Estrada's batting average with RISP is a whopping .247 and an OBP of .267. The only reason his splits are so well with the bases juiced is that one grand slam he hit awhile back, but it is a small sample size.

I have been looking at Estrada's splits a lot and it seems like he does much better 6th or 7th.

I'm thinking of getting a patent on Jeffrey "Hammonds" Suppan. I've already had the name read on the largest radio station in the state.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived